Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Clinches Playoff Berth.

ChrisFul

The Cowboys have talent. Parcells isn't God but is smarter than Spurrier because he didn't touch this HC job with a ten-foot pole.

The Cowboys have better targets for receiving, at least an equivalent OL, a better DL, better secondary and smarter LB's with a more stable coaching staff. Sounds like a winner to me, especially with Parcells.

Talent? Only a crackhead would say that the Cowboys have more talent than the Skins. The difference between the 5-11 Cowboys of last year and the playoff-bound Cowboys of this year was not a talent infusion, it was coaching. I'm not talking Xs and Os, schemes and West Coast offense and that kind of crap. I'm talking about kick-in-the-ass coaching. Setting expectations and holding players accountable.

That's what's lacking in Washington. Plenty of talent. No accoutability. No motivation. No enthusiasm. No heart.

The Skins have better talent on offense this year: Coles at WR, more exp at QB, and yet the offense is worse. Why? Coaching. Can you think of any other reason? It ain't that Davis is missing -- Spurrier barely used him last year and he was injured anyway.

Same with the defense. It's not talent that's lacking, it's motivation. That's a coaching problem. They swoon in the fourth quarter not because they suck as players, but because they suck as a team. That's a coaching problem.

Originally posted by JerseyGator

The Cowboys have better targets for receiving, at least an equivalent OL, a better DL, better secondary and smarter LB's with a more stable coaching staff.

Read what you wrote. Again. Then again. And explain to me how all of that isn't Spurrier's fault.

Tell me who chose his coaching staff. Tell me who brought in all the former Gators. Tell me who helped identify the needs and players brought in to fulfill those needs last offseason. Tell me who's responsible for "coaching them up"?

Who didn't sign a legit second string QB for a guy who played the position in the NFL? How many games have we won where the opposition kicks the ball out of bounds with eleven seconds left and a three point lead? How many teams have a leading RB who was third string last year? How many front offices sign Marvin Lewis when he clearly wants an HC job ASAP?

Coaching is over-rated. In the era of free agency, the front office makes the bigger difference.

Look at the jets and Pats the year after Parcells left. They didn't do to shabby with Al Groh and Pete Carroll the following year - both coaches now no longer in the NFL.

Parcells is my favorite NFL coach, but he's not God. He started as an LB coach and inherited LT and Phil Simms at his first HC job.

How many front offices sign Marvin Lewis when he clearly wants an HC job ASAP?

Relive all of last season without Marvin Lewis as our DC.

What would have been Spurrier's record?

Lewis' defense basically bought Spurrier another year in the NFL.

Here is the thing about the Cowboys. They have a great Defense that could possibly carry them to a first round win in the playoffs, however they absolutely DO NOT have an answer for a team that can score on them. Quincy Carter/Troy Hambrick/Joey Galloway are simply not good enough to put the necessary points on the board in the playoffs. The Cowboys D is good, however we have seen that the upper eschalon teams still manage to score on Dallas. Also Dallas better pray that whoever they get in the playoffs have a SH!TTY Defense because their offense is putrid(except when they play the skins of course).

So you would have seriously considered firing Spurrier after year one with a rookie QB and little talent at WR? This D was better on paper last year than scoring etc? The only game they really impressed me was the Rams game last year.

The front office makes way too many impulsive decisions. That's why the Skins are where they are. They don't have a long term plan for this team IMO.

The front office makes way too many impulsive decisions. That's why the Skins are where they are. They don't have a long term plan for this team IMO.

Actually, we were all told about the 3-year plan last offseason. Weren't you listening?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived