Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9th Loss in 11 Starts.......................

bulldog

but by all means let's do everything possible to maintain continuity for 2004 :laugh: :laugh:

there isn't any doubt in my mind that another coach could come in here and squeeze more out of this roster.

the Redskins are down there with the Lions and Cardinals in the NFC and given where the respective teams started off last offseason in terms of talent, that is a crime.

my guess is Dennis Green would have squeezed 8 or 9 wins out of this team over 16 games, more if the front office had been able to work out the situation on the DL.

but given the same circumstances as Spurrier worked with, 8 or 9 seems reasonable.

the trouble here is that nobody in the organization including the players thinks Spurrier is really in charge.

Bruce Smith walked around this season, ripping the staff in the media and didn't get fined or suspended.

Arrington and Trotter purposefully blow assignments to freelance and try and make big plays, only to get caught for game changing plays, and yet both continue to start.

This is exactly the kind of thing that DOES NOT happen on good teams.

You don't see defensive players in New England ignoring Bellichick's calls to freelance on their own.

You don't see guys mouthing off in the papers in Tennessee about how they are being used by Jeff Fisher.

And you don't see Bill Parcells throwing the ball around in bad weather when he has the chance to play a high percentage game of ball control and field position to force the other team into characteristic mistakes.

The Cowboys roster is much the same now at 10-5 as it was last year at 5-10.

Nobody is going to tell me that Terrence Newman and Jason Witten have made THAT much of a difference :laugh:

It comes down to coaching and handling ballplayers the right way.

It always has.

This staff doesn't have it. Good organizations don't lose 9 out of 11 games unless they have stripped payroll and started to rebuild from the bottom up.

I haven't seen that kind of shake up around here.

There is enough talent here to be over .500, even without the emergence of the franchise defensive tackle or end.

With the addition of those players, this club should be even better than that.

But you won't see that happen under this staff.

Under Spurrier the Redskins usually seem to get less out of more.

Meanwhile, Fisher, Bellichick, Parcells, etc......these guys get more out of less.

For those who keep pointing to which seasons what coaches turned the corner, I would submit that ending the season with 10 losses in the last 12 games is NOT the way to begin an offseason in which you are planning on building to something of note in 2004.

Bulldog, I understand where you are coming from. Nobody thought the Redskins would end 2-10, but it looks like we will. There needs to be some accountability and the entire organization from top to bottom is to blame. It all starts at the top and we need to make changes there. Heck with the draft position. It makes no difference with an incompetent front office. You do not build for next year with this utterly disgusting performance!

we are working on Year 11 of trying to laugh off the unfunny performances of this football team, the 5th under present management.

one would have to say that an INCREASING budget for player acquisition the past couple of years coinciding with a slide from 8-8 to 7-9 to 5-11 is not a welcome trend for the future :(

Originally posted by bulldog

but by all means let's do everything possible to maintain continuity for 2004 :laugh: :laugh:

there isn't any doubt in my mind that another coach could come in here and squeeze more out of this roster.

This is what I said last week on another thread

my guess is Dennis Green would have squeezed 8 or 9 wins out of this team over 16 games, more if the front office had been able to work out the situation on the DL.

Bulldog is finally on the Dennis Green bandwagon, like I stated several months ago. ;)

the trouble here is that nobody in the organization including the players thinks Spurrier is really in charge.

Yep

You don't see defensive players in New England ignoring Bellichick's calls to freelance on their own.

True enough.

The Cowboys roster is much the same now at 10-5 as it was last year at 5-10.

It comes down to coaching and handling ballplayers the right way.

It always has.

My sentiments exactly on another thread.

This staff doesn't have it. Good organizations don't lose 9 out of 11 games unless they have stripped payroll and started to rebuild from the bottom up.

There is enough talent here to be over .500, even without the emergence of the franchise defensive tackle or end.

I agree.

For those who keep pointing to which seasons what coaches turned the corner, I would submit that ending the season with 10 losses in the last 12 games is NOT the way to begin an offseason in which you are planning on building to something of note in 2004.

Its going to be a long 2004 if Spurrier is still arround. :(

The Dog and I are on the same page. :D

Thats exactly right Trevor. I wouldn't call Willie McGinest or Tedi Bruschi "no names" either.

Our defense doesn't have their depth or overall talent level but it does have some quality players. The biggest difference is that our players are poorly coached and undisiciplined.

I could care less that this was a close loss. We have had a season full of them...and with the players we have some of those losses SHOULD have been wins.

I am having a really hard time believing the current coaching staff will ever get this roster to realize their full potential. I seriously doubt many players on this team will get better under Spurrier or Edwards.

Obviously our defensive team is incomplete without a defensive line. Even if it were I can't believe that our performance would be any better with this staff.

Archived