Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Carriker Helps a Young Redskins Fan who was Bullied

Huly

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/adam-carriker-helps-a-young-redskins-fan-who-was-bullied/

Here is the story on how a lot of us helped Carson! 

It is one thing to pick on an adult like me or Ted but kids are off limits in my book.  Carson was being bullied by kids his age and boys he called friends.  This entire situation turned into a teaching moment for these kids and Carson and I are going to work together helping other kids like him. 

HTTR!

4 hours ago, Huly said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/adam-carriker-helps-a-young-redskins-fan-who-was-bullied/

Here is the story on how a lot of us helped Carson! 

It is one thing to pick on an adult like me or Ted but kids are off limits in my book.  Carson was being bullied by kids his age and boys he called friends.  This entire situation turned into a teaching moment for these kids and Carson and I are going to work together helping other kids like him. 

HTTR!

you said you are working with Carson to help other kids like him...I didn't read that part until now (went straight to the linked article instead). That's fantastic 👍👍...Do you know if the kids that were bullying him before have stopped? I'm assuming so...

Yes the kids have stopped to my knowledge and learned a HUGE lesson in bullying as his family and teachers have used this support as a lesson to others! I am working on how to incorporate him with PFUFA helping other kids like him.  I know of one other (Bears fan) in WI having the same issues.  So we are trying to come up with as I call it Project Carson an anti bullying campaign focused on NFL youth. 

Its a wonderful story but makes me so mad at how far this franchise has fallen.

There is no way for a kid *not* to get teased for being a fan of this god awful franchise. Why would any 9 year old have any pride in this team, or anything to come back with against his classmates? 

When I was in that age range, we were winning the Superbowl and had a first class 5 start franchise. Now? Why am I going to torture my kids and make them fans of this team

5 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Its a wonderful story but makes me so mad at how far this franchise has fallen.

There is no way for a kid *not* to get teased for being a fan of this god awful franchise. Why would any 9 year old have any pride in this team, or anything to come back with against his classmates? 

When I was in that age range, we were winning the Superbowl and had a first class 5 start franchise. Now? Why am I going to torture my kids and make them fans of this team

I understand what you're saying, but to be one million percent honest, this is not the thread for that type of comment.

This kid didn't get bullied because he's a Skins fan and it wasn't because the team has been awful for so long. Nothing about the bullying is due to the Redskins...nothing. All it did was just present a rationalization for those who take part in bullying to do so. If it's not due to which team you're a fan of, it's due to wearing dirty shoes, or wearing the same clothes over and over again, or due to a physical disability, or being too tall, or being too short, or the wrong race or religion, or too fat or too skinny, or a billion other things that kids use to tell themselves that bullying is warranted.

Bullying is not rooted in anything external.

I grew up in NY Giants country a huge redskins fan in the early 90s and still got bullied for it.  In fact my mom told me the story recently when i bought my nephew redskins gear online that when i was growing up (around 96-97) she was looking for a skins starter jacket and went to 30 different places and got comments like heres a giant one tell him to follow a real team, or why is he a redskins fan in ny.  The kids in school were worse but then again kids are ***holes

This led to harsher bullying to the point i was constantly getting in fights and suspended.  It got to the point that my parents legal action cause the school refused to do anything.

I hate bullying.  My cousins kid was bullying classmates and i sat him down and told him 20yrs later im still dealing with it.

Archived