Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What changes will be made?

bubba9497

Spurrier alluded to changes being made in the off season.

What do you think these changes will end up being?

I think Helton will be fired or he will resign. A proven veteran defensive coach will be brought in to help Edwards, maybe giving the title Asst. Head Coach/LB coach.

Vinny's personnel power will be lowered when Snyder will hire a GM or VP of player personnel, Tim Ruskell

Wynn, Smith, Chamberlain, Flemister, all gone. Target TE, DE, DT, and a Big Back... maybe a trade for TJ Ducket.

Gardner maybe on the trading block

We missed Stephen Davis this year. When we were in the redzone with him, he could get more push and pound it in for a TD. Unfortunately he would get a bum wheel every now and then. I think we need a couple of S.Davis type of RBs. Get rid of these scat backs like Sultan and Trung.

We will need multiple backs though. A couple of guys in the draft should do fine. Betts could even be the primary RB, but we need some more beef, even a bigger Goal Line type of FB.

Get a GM fills some holes and start the three year plan all over again. IF we do get Ruskell then you need to give him and Spurrier more time together than just the one year. Maybe two.

If they can trade Gardner I'd be all for it, especially if it's to keep McCants. He has a good attitude instead of the Westbrook-esque Gardner.

I think we would all be happy as long as this team made some progress.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Spurrier alluded to changes being made in the off season.

What do you think these changes will end up being?

I think Helton will be fired or he will resign. A proven veteran defensive coach will be brought in to help Edwards, maybe giving the title Asst. Head Coach/LB coach.

Vinny's personnel power will be lowered when Snyder will hire a GM or VP of player personnel, Tim Ruskell

Wynn, Smith, Chamberlain, Flemister, all gone. Target TE, DE, DT, and a Big Back... maybe a trade for TJ Ducket.

Gardner maybe on the trading block

I would love to bring in Ruskell and tell Vinny to hold the waterbottle for racquetball :)

Wynn we should keep, he hasn't played terrible. Gardner is gone and they will sign McCants to an extension :)

Ugh, No way do we need anymore "big backs" like Duckett. I don't like big backs, too slow for my tastes.

We got Betts and Rock. That's fine. Rock has already proven to be a good goal line threat.

personally, I think we have all the RBs we need. They simply haven't been put into a position to win games for us. Spurrier will never be a type to walk up to the line and hand the ball off to a Stephen Davis type runner 25 times a game. I don't miss Davis one bit, because he is the absolute WRONG back for this offense.

If we are going to go after a running back, get a feature back in the mold of Clinton Portis. Please god not no more Stephen Davis, Duckett / Dayne types.

I too think a GM/VP of Football Operations is coming. I think Spurrier is miffed that he was promised a GM when hired.... and then the bait and switch occured. If I'm not mistaken, the following occured.

*Ruskell was interviewed and offered the job, then was told he'd be sharing responsibility with someone else and declined.

*Beathard was willing to accept job and Snyder backed off.

I expect Helton to be fired. Stock not to be extended, I think his contract is up at the end of this year.

I expect Gardner to be traded for a low#1 or #2 (and 5 or 6).

Wynn, B. Smith, Flemister, Ware, Royal, Chase, Upshaw, Moore, C. Russell and Barker to be released.

Champ to be franchised and dealt to Detroit perhaps. (#1 & 3)

D. Russel to be resigned to fair deal and possibly D Gardener signed to an incentive laden deal.

Smoot and FA vet (Winfield, Springs, Plummer) will be starting CBs while a Bauman is groomed. Terrell may be in the mix, and Jimoh's potential means he'll be kept.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

personally, I think we have all the RBs we need

So are you going to make sure they actually play instead of chill on the sideline :doh:

They are god RB's on paper not the field, they seem to be allergic to grass or something :(

I expect Gardner to be traded for a low#1 or #2 (and 5 or 6).

You guys are smoking crack! What in the world makes you think a guy with 600 yards receiving and 5 TDs would get you a first round pick? Would you trade a first round pick for a player like that? He's something like the 47th best receiver in the NFL this year... you're not getting a first-rounder for him.

You trade a first-rounder for a guy like Coles. Not for a guy like Gardner.

Even a second-rounder is wishful thinking.

Originally posted by Even Madder

You guys are smoking crack! What in the world makes you think a guy with 600 yards receiving and 5 TDs would get you a first round pick?

I think with what he has shown in the past, we could get a 2nd. He is cheap and we don't know what we have with Jacobs yet so wouldn't do anything to fast.

Gardner is a young receiver who had 71 catches and 1,000 yards last year to compliment 8 touchdowns. This year, with the OL problems he's got 5 TDs. We just happen to have a logjam at WR with Jacobs in the fold and we could use the trade value.

I happen to think there are a number of teams who could use him, especially if they can teach the "stupid" out of him.

Actually, I think we need to stick with one RB instead of this RBBC Bullcrap.

But I think Rock can fill that need. He showed Sunday that he just needs the carries to do well. I think Betts could be that guy too. He had a broken arm this year, but hopefully that is a one year thing.

Canidate is NOT that guy. Get rid of him. Rock has the stuff - I can see it the way he runs.

Clearly the running backs we have are not what we need. Trung has not shown he can be an effective every down back. If anything he has shown that he cant stay healthy and does not have the tenacity to run up the middle. Betts is a good project but as Jbooma has said, he has been injured so much that no one knows what to expect from him. Although Rock has shown he is durable as well as quick I do not think he could be a full-time starting back. Running back is something we need to address whether it is through free-agency, the draft, or a trade...I would look for either Rudi Johnson/Corey Dillon to be cut or Travis Henry/Willis MaCgahee.

Rod Gardner is a legitimate 2nd reciever. Because of the problems in our passing game this season it was hard for him to establish himself. With QB consistency will come WR production. If Gardner was to be traded who would step up as the 2nd reciever? McCants is likely gone (RFA), Patrick Johnson is a free-agent and hasnt shown he is good enough to be the 2nd guy. We need Gardner and would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him.

If we were to Franchise Bailey and have him traded in return for a 1 and 3rd we should use one of those picks on a d-lineman and one on a tight-end or RB. We could also trade one of those 1st rounders for a proven vet. Winfield, Plummer, or Mcalister could be signed to replace Bailey.

Archived