Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boswell Is Correct, Trendline Indicates Failure

bulldog

this club was 10-6 in 1999 and worked its way into position to grab the #2 and #3 choices overall in the 2000 draft. the team had a pro bowl quarterback and a 1,300 yard rusher who was just 26 years of age.

you give me that scenario for most clubs and I tell you that club goes on to win division titles and perhaps a Super Bowl in the next 3-5 years.

instead, the slow but steady descent to the rock bottom that is 5-9 under a clueless coach and his staff of children and Gator cronies.

Steve Spurrier Jr as wide receivers coach? I am sure that Coles, Gardner and the others respect him as much as the Gibbs Redskins respected Charley Taylor :laugh: :laugh:

Is Spurrier at fault for all of this?

Obviously not. The Danny was responsible for throwing more money than God to bring the Ball Coach to Washington after consulting little more than his home TV remote about the ability of Spurrier to translate what he did at Florida to the NFL :(

Can you blame Spurrier for taking the money to give it a shot?

No.

At the same time let's not pretend that the club is nearing any corners to be turned.

As Boswell mentioned this week, at SOME POINT you have to start looking at production at the bottom line.

Jerry Jones deluded himself into thinking that because Switzer could ride a Jimmy Johnson fashioned team to a Super Bowl in 1995, that he could plug in Chan Gailey and Dave Campo and get similar results.

Yep. This club is in serious trouble. A few weeks ago fans on this site were saying with a move or two the Skins could be 10-6 next year. This club will continue to be a major embarrassment for DC until Synder, the one constant factor in the team since 1999, gives up ultimate personnel decisions.

You wanna know when this team went from "middle class on the rise" to "basement" quality?

The SECOND Spurrier and Snyder got rid of Davis. Oops. Ahh well, I'll be pulling for Davis to get a ring this year, he deserves it... Screw the Panthers, though.

Well then doesn't this beg these two questions of Snyder:

1) Why the hell was Norv Turner fired, when he had turned the team around

2) Why fire Marty Schottenheimer after one season when the team certainly showed they could compete towards the end of 2001?(8-3 over last 11 games)

I don't disagree that Snyder is the BIGGEST PROBLEM, however what are we as fans to do since it doesn't look like Snyder is either going to sell the team or hire a GM/better personnel?

Do we just wallow with paper bags over our heads until some MIRACLE happens?

Does Snyder need to sit through 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons like Jerry Jones did until he is finally ready to swallow his pride and give up some precious control?

You guys are killing me "Pepper Rodgers" please don't talk like that, it's starting to sound worser than it looks.

I say, Danny needs to talk Spurrier into retiring so it won't look like he fired him. I'm quite sure they can work something out to make it look a little pretty

:rolleyes:

I have one question?

Quote:1) Why the hell was Norv Turner fired, when he had turned the team around

When did Norv Turner turn the team around did I miss something in his seven years of pure he!!

Fact is we haven't had a real coach since Joe Gibbs! I have been waiting for our coach to come along and none of the guys we have had since 92 has panned out. I just hope we don't turn this Spurrier thing into another seven years like Norv Turner ended up with.

We need someone to put a fire under the players a$$. If they dont like it Danny should say talk to the coach not me. Give the coach some credibilty. Every time you listen to a B. Smith the coach seems like he doesnt count.:2cents:

Archived