Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What kind of fan are you choosing to be - post draft edition

How are you feeling about the Redskins as a fan?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your feelings about the Skins right now, compared to how you felt earlier in the year?

• A lot more pessistic than before. Don't like much of anything that has transpired so far this offseason.
    • Slightly more pessiistic than before. A couple of things make me feel this team could be worse off than I thought.
    • No difference. Feel exactly the same as before.
    • Slightly more optimistic. A few things have me feeling the state of the team may be improving.
    • A lot more optimistic. I like a lot of the things that have transpired this offseason.
    • I'm apathetic and don't give a rat's ass one way or another.

17 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

I'm always extremely optimistic in May.  Another great draft in my eyes.  Hopefully the disappointment doesn't show up this time and make me feel the exact same as before.

I just can't allow myself to be too optimistic. Too many years of feeling good going into May, then August then September only to be stabbed right in the heart. I am just tired of getting excited about the teams potential, only to see the team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again. 

Do I like more things they have done than not liked? Yes. I was not and am still not a huge fan of drafting Haskins but that has more to do with approach than Haskins himself. I did not want them to draft any QB this year. Pick another D stud or TW replacement or a RG if you can't trade back. But I get why they did it. They took a shot at finally solving the QB situation long term with a top rated prospect from college falling to them - in other words not suffering through a 2-14 season to get he 1st pick. If it works, what a move. Have to tip your hat., And in fairness, even if it does not, have to give them credit for taking the shot. 

Haskins has as much chance of being great as any of the other QBs chosen - I mean that honestly not as snark. I am mostly glad they did not panic and trade resources to get him. Stayed put at 15 and let the draft come to them. That means they had a plan B if Haskins gets taken and that shows promise. I really like the rest of the draft. I mostly like the FAs brought in. 

But I just cannot get the last 20+ yrs out of the way to let myself get too pumped on the season coming up. Other teams got better too. Other teams have that stud guy. It just seems no matter what the team does it backfires. 

They will need several back to back seasons making the POs with a deep run here and there before I will drop the - OK what other shoe is about to drop - feeling. Also, I am still not sold on Bruce being the top guy. It does seem that he is at least listening to the people in the room more. But is it enough? Time will tell. 

I'm actually feeling better now that in previous years because there are no expectations, and I think the team had a really nice draft.  Not much was done on the free agent front other than Collins, who is young and will be entering his prime years.  I'd rather they sit tight in free agency than reach on a guy who is on the down slope or isn't worthy of a big dollar deal.

Regarding the quarterback situation, again I think they did the best thing they could have done given the circumstances.  Smith isn't coming back, Keenam is a good backup/below average starter.  McCoy is likely gone, and is unreliable.  Haskins has a skill set that is suited to the NFL, even though the coach after Gruden is likely the one that will dictate his success.  Starting in 2021, the Redskins are setting up a nice 3-5 year window where they could be highly competitive, assuming they can address left tackle in next year's draft and pick up a real #1 WR somewhere.

Archived