Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex Grossman...

codeorama

Rex is looking pretty good for the Bears considering it's his first NFL start.

The Bears are leading 10-3 near halftime.

Where Grossman has been most impressive is with his pocket presence and mobility (ie: escaping the pass rush and getting rid of the ball)

He still throws a nice deep ball as well.

Originally posted by xanathos19

Just bringing this one back from Sunday...

How do you think he will fare against the 'Skins vaunted pass rush? It is only his second game, after all.

Hard to tell, Rex handled the pass rush well and red the blitz pretty good as well vs the Vikes.

He struggled throwing several passes too high on occasion. Our pass rush will probably look better because the Bears O line is weak.

Personally, I hope Rex has a great day throwing the ball but the Skins win.

Originally posted by codeorama

BTW... You have been a Spurrier supporter all season, but how is that possible from a UT fan??

Respect brother.

I have had a love/ hate relationship with the Ball Coach all my life. He is from Johnson City Tn. I was born in Kingsport, both from the same county and High School Rivals. My Dad used to watch Spurrier play at Science Hill High School. We followed his career from UFA, to the Forty Niners, to coaching. I always rooted for Spurrier at Florida, except when we played the Gators, then he was an bitter enemy :), but UT fans might have hated him, we also respected his teams and coaching abilities. Sort of like Bear Bryant.

I was happy to see him leave the Gators ;), and excited about what he could (and Will) bring to the Skins

Originally posted by bubba9497

Respect brother.

I have had a love/ hate relationship with the Ball Coach all my life. He is from Johnson City Tn. I was born in Kingsport, both from the same county and High School Rivals. My Dad used to watch Spurrier play at Science Hill High School. We followed his career from UFA, to the Forty Niners, to coaching. I always rooted for Spurrier at Florida, except when we played the Gators, then he was an bitter enemy :), but UT fans might have hated him, we also respected his teams and coaching abilities. Sort of like Bear Bryant.

I was happy to see him leave the Gators ;), and excited about what he could (and Will) bring to the Skins

oh... ok... That makes total sense.. .sort of the guy you hate until he's YOUR guy...

I have a sort of similar experience, From watching the Gators, I picked up a similar respect for Heath Shuler when he was with UT and I followed his brief NFL career closely. He was a gamer at UT. Even as the enemy, I enjoyed watching him play.

I will be at the game on sunday and personally hope Grossman comes out and looks like Cade McNown.

Im going to the game with a couple of Bears fans who took all the preseason camparing of Grossman to Favre seriously. They are already saying how great he is and how he will pick our defense apart. They are positive that the Bears will destroy us.

Im hoping TF is right and Rex decides Smoot is his go to guy. And for the love of god Edwards...Blitz the hell out of him. I couldnt figure out why the Vikes didnt blitz him last week.

Archived