Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheer fellow fans up thread

Unbias

Ok, staying positive and Redskins-related, I'll try to get this thread on track, the way it was meant to be.

The Pats won the Super Bowl, with essentially just :

a good run game

a really good slot receiver

a really good TE

great defense

a QB playing putting up average numbers, a 60% CP, and even throwing more INT's than TD's

We can fit into that same description.

Not sayin we're the Pats. Or that we'll win the Super Bowl.

Or that we'll have anything remotely to Brady at QB. Or that we have a Bellichek Defense.

Just noting the above formula can beat good teams.

We can win more than we lose this year.

And the point of this thread is to be positive, so...there it is. And all responses to this must be positive.

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok, staying positive and Redskins-related, I'll try to get this thread on track, the way it was meant to be.

The Pats won the Super Bowl, with essentially just :

a good run game

a really good slot receiver

a really good TE

great defense

a QB playing putting up average numbers, a 60% CP, and even throwing more INT's than TD's

We can fit into that same description.

Not sayin we're the Pats. Or that we'll win the Super Bowl.

Or that we'll have anything remotely to Brady at QB. Or that we have a Bellichek Defense.

Just noting the above formula can beat good teams.

We can win more than we lose this year.

And the point of this thread is to be positive, so...there it is. And all responses to this must be positive.

I appreciated the way you formatted your response. Also, despite slight grammatical errors overall all this was just a good post. 

As a Canadian I'd like to mention that maple syrup will go bad after opening it, so it's recommended that you keep it in the fridge. Granted, I'm pretty sure the lovely lady in the gif appears to be using one of the 'fake' syrups that are made with corn. I strongly believe those do not need to be refrigerated because they are made of garbage. 

Okay... to keep it Skins related. BSPN did their Way Too Early 2019 Power Rankings and surprisingly enough we're as high as 25:

25. Washington Redskins

2018 record: 7-9

Reason for optimism: Improved health. Wait, that also was a reason for optimism last year, and that didn't quite work out too well, as 26 players spent time on injured reserve. But here's where it helps now: The Redskins' offensive line should be in a much better spot with a healthy Brandon Scherff at right guard and with both tackles -- Trent Williams and Morgan Moses -- not coming off surgeries, as they were last year. Pair that with an excellent young talent base along the defensive line -- Matt Ioannidis, Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne -- and the Redskins have some optimism. But it will be muted until they get their QB position solved. Just like last offseason. -- John Keim

Me personally, I think we'd better get resigned to a couple of 4-5 win seasons and hope we draft well to have a foundation to build with once Smith's dead cap money is over with.

Anyone ever wonder how Ioannidis would do as a DE? I know his draft profile pretty much labeled him as a slow-twitch, muscle guy, but sometimes he shows this explosion. I also see him have a very good bull rush for taller OTs. 

I have no issues with our DT rotation going forward. I just wonder if Matt had an offseason to train as a DE what he'd end up looking like. 

Archived