Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Brown in the news

Spaceman Spiff

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You can't save the world with the same tools used to destroy it.  No matter how justified, anger is the one emotion most likely to hurt other people, we must never forget that.

I don't believe that at all. Silence and apathy is the most destructive tool people can potentially wield.

Speaking of tools.... It's creation takes the form of the person who wields it.

Anger for one person, may inspire them and spur them into action for positive change. Anger for another person may lead them to commit acts of unspeakable cruelty. 

Positivity for one person may be a great tool to endure tough times that break weaker people. Positivity can also be a weak mask for someone else, to hide their fear/stupidity in the face of something threatening them, and that they know they cannot fix, and are too paralyzed to seek those who can.

For me, the better argument is what people can/should do with their emotions, not the debate/commentary of whether or not they should suppress them.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't believe that at all. Silence and apathy is the most destructive tool people can potentially wield.

Speaking of tools.... It's creation takes the form of the person who wields it.

Anger for one person, may inspire them and spur them into action for positive change. Anger for another person may lead them to commit acts of unspeakable cruelty. 

Positivity for one person may be a great tool to endure tough times that break weaker people. Positivity can also be a weak mask for someone else, to hide their fear/stupidity in the face of something threatening them, and that they know they cannot fix, and are too paralyzed to seek those who can.

For me, the better argument is what people can/should do with their emotions, not the debate/commentary of whether or not they should suppress them.

Silence and apathy are not uncontrolled anger and outrage.  There's a reason MLK got holiday and Malcom X didn't. 

Nobody said don't be angry, but angry 24/7?  Ready to throw bows before we sit at the table to talk, ready to throw people in jail before we even know the facts?  This isn't about being too nice, this is about not becoming what you hate without even realizing it.

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Silence and apathy are not uncontrolled anger and outrage.  There's a reason MLK got holiday and Malcom X didn't. 

Oh.... so uncontrolled anger and outrage now, then huh? I can get behind checking uncontrolled anger and outrage... Definitely, since that's more in line with what I said, and maybe what you meant, but didnt exactly say  :)

Didn't get that  I've from your initial post:

We are so ready for the next outrage and destruction to peoplewe dont like anymore that we arent even trying to hide it anymore. 

Society has no chill anymore.

Don't see anything about controlling anger/outrage in there, only that we are looking for it,  and we have no chill.

I don't want to chill, not at least in the way I interpreted your intention when you said it. It's not a time to be chill, for any of us. But I'm glad you cleared that up.

As for:

Silence and apathy are not uncontrolled anger and outrage. 

Specifically in regards to this, since uncontrolled anger is your word and not mine, I will agree, to a point.

Expanding on my initial post though, and regarding the topic of which is more destructive on its face (Anger... A response to something terrible being done to you? Or the absence of caring at all), I think that many of our planets great atrocities were not solely done by those with hate (a word I think would suit your argument better) in their hearts, but those who who simply were ignorant, and/or did not care to realize what was going on, and stop it. It's caring vs the absence of caring imo. Both hate and ignorance/silence/apathy together can kill us all.

Nobody said don't be angry, but angry 24/7?  

Again, here is what you posted:

You can't save the world with the same tools used to destroy it.  No matter how justified, anger is the one emotion most likely to hurt other people, we must never forget that.

The way it's presented, your message  (that one can't use anger as a method of "saving the world") seems to mean employ something else more useful, and less likely to hurt others. So... in other words, find something else and chill. Basically a roundabout way (in how I read that) of saying "Stop being so angry."

You want to find a nicer word than suppress? I'm cool with that. But in the way that I used it, it fit with what the general sentiment seemed to be (before you changed it).

At the end of the day, in situations like this, I am always more literal than figurative, reading more of what someone is posting, and less what they mean, so it helps to be perfectly clear in what you say on certain subjects.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh.... so uncontrolled anger and outrage now, then huh? I can get behind checking uncontrolled anger and outrage... Definitely, since that's more in line with what I said, and maybe what you meant, but didnt exactly say  :)

Didn't get that  I've from your initial post:

Not all my posts can be APA format research papers, I do enough of that for homework : )  we really being a stickler where I put uncontrollably when thats what society is shooting for now?  The flavor of the week is typicall a new brand of what to be angry at these days, solves nothing,  because its makes it harder to talk about

Don't see anything about controlling anger/outrage in there, only that we are looking for it,  and we have no chill.

I don't want to chill, not at least in the way I interpreted your intention when you said it. It's not a time to be chill, for any of us. But I'm glad you cleared that up.

I'm glad we did, too.

As for:

Specifically in regards to this, since uncontrolled anger is your word and not mine, I will agree, to a point.

That was the tool is was referencing to and where I see this going, its dangerous, especially when fed into a seemingly mob mentality updated via tweet with instructions.

Expanding on my initial post though, and regarding the topic of which is more destructive on its face (Anger... A response to something terrible being done to you? Or the absence of caring at all), I think that many of our planets great atrocities were not solely done by those with hate (a word I think would suit your argument better) in their hearts, but those who who simply were ignorant, and/or did not care to realize what was going on, and stop it. It's caring vs the absence of caring imo. Both hate and ignorance/silence/apathy together can kill us all.

Hate and Anger are two sides of the same coin.  I hated Osama Bin Laden long after 9/11,  but I still can get angry about something to point I have to go for a walk.  

Again, here is what you posted:

The way it's presented, your message  (that one can't use anger as a method of "saving the world") seems to mean employ something else more useful, and less likely to hurt others. So... in other words, find something else and chill. Basically a roundabout way (in how I read that) of saying "Stop being so angry."

🧐 you are over analyzing, lol, never said stop being angry or anger cant save the world.  I've talked over the years about leading with that emotion to get stuff done, its unhealthy man, I tried it.  You have to love the world more then how much you hate what's happening to it.

You want to find a nicer word than suppress? I'm cool with that. But in the way that I used it, it fit with what the general sentiment seemed to be (before you changed it).

No, I dont want a nicer word then suppress.  Anger is supposed to be a reminder of how much you care.  Feeding that emotion into people to generate action can always lead to unexpected consequences, like you noted.  

At the end of the day, in situations like this, I am always more literal than figurative, reading more of what someone is posting, and less what they mean, so it helps to be perfectly clear in what you say on certain subjects.

Fair, I wasn't preparing for a philosophy discussion in a Chris Brown thread, you caught me.  I try to do both looking at literal and meaning in fairness to posters that jus want to get their feelings out or people I talk to that are thinking something but arent sure how to say it.  Sometimes to keep a conversation of this nature corgil, the benefit of the doubt is a good idea, which tends to dissipate on a message board because its a platform design for debate.  Are we jus talking here or are we trying to win?  Sometimes I just want to talk about what's on my mind, not convince someone I'm right, maybe that's why I feel out of place sometimes here.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Not all my posts can be APA format research papers, I do enough of that for homework : )  we really being a stickler where I put uncontrollably when thats what society is shooting for now?  The flavor of the week is typicall a new brand of what to be angry at these days, solves nothing,  because its makes it harder to talk about

I guess this is the part where I again parse through your endless word salad, tell you the reason why it's word salad, only for you to go directly to a different salad dressing. It's complete and utter nonsense and you do it too much. And you picked the wrong subject to do it on. The wrong one.... And you did in a thread that had nothing to do with it. And you dare call me a stickler when

1.) I wasn't even talking to you to begin with

2.) I posted your quote, word for word

No.... Maybe its just time to finally be honest, call a spade a spade, and say maybe it just makes you uncomfortable when people challenge what you have to say, exactly as you said it. Maybe we should do that, because if me pointing out the big difference between anger and "Uncontrollable" anger means I'm a stickler, then maybe you should just quit this message board communication thing. It isn't a little thing to point out. Do not insult me (especially on this) by pretending otherwise. I'm not going for it this time, and if you keep going, I will do it all damn night until you get it through your head.

I said what I meant. No need to constantly shift here. 

That was the tool is was referencing to and where I see this going, its dangerous, especially when fed into a seemingly mob mentality updated via tweet with instructions.

No, it wasn't what you referenced (if that's what you think, read it again (anger, outrage, chill, in other words, STOP... whether stop a little, or stop everything, or stop the excess nature of it, something must STOP, something must CEASE, some element of it must be SUPRESSED, or things will get worse and blow out of control). Its what you shifted to. Own what you post for once, and stop trying to weasel your way out of it.

you are over analyzing, lol, never said stop being angry or anger cant save the world.  I've talked over the years about leading with that emotion to get stuff done, its unhealthy man, I tried it.  You have to love the world more then how much you hate what's happening to it.

Then are you lying here?

You can't save the world with the same tools used to destroy it.  No matter how justified, anger is the one emotion most likely to hurt other people, we must never forget that.

Or are you talking about something other than anger? You can't twist this... You. Said. It.

Fair, I wasn't preparing for a philosophy discussion in a Chris Brown thread, you caught me.  I try to do both looking at literal and meaning in fairness to posters that jus want to get their feelings out or people I talk to that are thinking something but arent sure how to say it.  Sometimes to keep a conversation of this nature corgil, the benefit of the doubt is a good idea, which tends to dissipate on a message board because its a platform design for debate.  Are we jus talking here or are we trying to win?  Sometimes I just want to talk about what's on my mind, not convince someone I'm right, maybe that's why I feel out of place sometimes here.

I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Not when you want to make it seem as though their pain and anguish is all some faux flavor of the month/week outrage that people need to park. And before you somehow try to spin out of this one:

The buzzfeed story they screwed up on Trump recently jus exposed a nerve that's become obvious now, we are so ready for the next outrage and destruction to people we dont like anymore that we arent even trying to hide it anymore. 

Society has no chill anymore.

Like it's just "Oh let's get mad about this! Let's get mad about that! Oh, don't forget that!"

He's HURT people. He's HURTING people, but nah, you sure as hell seem concerned more with what other people are doing in reaction to it than what Trump himself has done (a typical plan of attack/commentary from many people that I try very hard to not think just don't give nearly as much of a **** about things happening to us as they should.

You have NO right to tell those he's wounded how to deal with it. They just deal.  You want to worry about something? Worry about yourself and how you're dealing with it, and don't try to impress your belief of how you think the world should work onto anyone else. The world is full of different people with different backgrounds, in which many reach the same destination through different means. There's no one way. Thats  just your way.

No.... People must act. People get angry when they see something they love getting destroyed. Anger is wonderful when used properly. Love is good too. But no, we must deal, and we must act, and find a method within our own families and communities where we can ensure something like this never happens again.

So excuse me if im not feeling all kumbaya atm. I deal with it just fine... But I'm not smiling, and I'm not letting this conversation happen without telling some of you exactly how I feel about it. Don't pm me either, Im not having some side convo about this particular topic.

If this isn't what you intended, maybe don't kick that nest when you don't have to, because I'm just not gonna let it go. Not this.

*And no, I'm not trying to win. I honestly wouldn't have even responded back were it not for this topic. I would've moved on. I've been dead set on things before in arguments, but "Winning" an argument is nothing but petty, weak man's bull**** , and I will never be associated with it

@Mr. Sinister being challenged doesn't bother me, thinking this is place to have this conversation was. 

You right, this ain't right medium for how I feel, if you can negate everything I've talked about and felt after reading a handfull of posts in one thread.  If we was sitting at a table, you could interrupt me for clarification instead of a rant on how I need to check myself. 

You should always tell me how you really feel, I never wanted any differents I been told you that.

Archived