Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaws on the TK show

jbooma

Says the Skins have a good shot of winning this week against Dallas and that Tim is the reason. He is running the offense very efficient and he actually should be phillys backup since he is better then the other qb's there :)

He loves Tim and it sounds just maybe more then Ramsey right now.

Originally posted by Bufford The Sheep

whatever, Tim is a nice backup but he doesn't have Ramsey's arm.

Its his job.

What he is saying is you don't need the arm, you need a quick release and to be able to improvise. He is amazed how fast Tim knows the system.

Nothing against TH - Tim is really good, certainly better than anyone else thought he was - but he isn't really running Spurrier's offense, just a scaled back version. Comparing him to Ramsey really isn't fair, considering their schedule and the lackluster protection/play calling earlier in the season.

If Ramsey had only had to throw 19 times in each of the past three games, he would've done just as good if not better. Remember those two underthrown balls downfield on Sunday? St. Pat would've made those.

BD

Tim has done something that Ramsey hasn't showed yet, the touch passes. Pat can't throw the touch passes that well. Hopefully it was because of his bad foot, and for some reason with a cannon like his he is terrible at the long ball. He is way to inconsistent espically if his arm is the key.

Bufford, I'm not going for the QB controversy, However, The O line isn't giving Tim more time, he's getting rid of the ball faster. When Ramsey was playing, he was indecisive and immobile, Tim has been very decisive and much more mobile.

One weakness that we read over and over was Ramsey's weakness on touch passes, this is clearly the case and he needs to work on that big time, but you are right, there is nothing TH can do to duplicate PR's arm strengh and release.

before Ramsey got hurt, he had halfs that where magic. Remember Kiper kept saying if the Skins could put 4 quarters together they would blow any team off the field. Last year he had 2 or 3 huge game. The game plan for PR is too go deep, TH short WCO style passes.

TH stats aren't that impressive compared to some games Ramsey has had. TH can manage a game not to lose, Ramsey can carry a team to a win by himself. I am just happy to have both qb's.

Originally posted by jbooma

And why does the offense click better with Tim back there?? Someone answer that for me.

First of all, because we're running more. Secondly, because Spurrier has not put the onus on Tim's shoulders to make plays downfield. When Pat was in there, Spurrier was instructing him to make things happen downfield. As a result, he did just that and got killed in the process.

With Tim, it's not really that Spurrier has adjusted, it's that he's not instructing him to hang in there and make plays downfield. Why? Because he doesn't have the arm to. Ramsey's arm is his greatest asset, but this year it proved to be his undoing b/c he and Spurrier both knew he had the ability to make plays down the field, so the gameplan was always to wait till things opened up.

Tim knows he can't rifle in those deep outs and ins, so he's been dumping down to the tight ends and backs more, something defenses haven't seen this offense do much this year. Tim is also a little more mobile than Ramsey and has been able to make some plays in situations where Ramsey probably would have taken a sack.

So what's the problem? It may be that Ramsey was doing just what Spurrier was asking of him and executing just as he'd been instructed, with the onus put on the long ball, rather than letting his instincts take over picking up positive yards on each play; which is the way that Tim has approached this offense.

Originally posted by Bufford The Sheep

excuse me. However when the OL is false starting 10 times a game....the other snaps they are slower on the block, allowing the D to get to the QB quicker. I'm not saying that Ramsey doesn't have something to learn. Just that there is no doubt he's a better QB with a better upside.

He absolutely has a much better upside.

Lets be honest, TH hasn't put up huge numbers by any stretch of the imagination.

The one thing he has done is NOT taken the sacks. He's dumping the ball off more.

I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, but IMO, the line play has improved on the penalty aspect, but not so much in the blocking aspect. TH has had to get rid of the ball fast and move around in the pocket. Ramsey has not moved in the pocket very well.

Samuels absence hasn't even been noticed, I will add that.

Hasselbeck is superior to Ramsey in two important areas: quicker release of the ball, and ability to evade the rush. Ramsey is as good or better everywhere else. It's going to remain Ramsey's job, but I'm very glad we've found Mr. Filarsky as our backup. We need someone competent back there.

Didn't some guy named JM not have a strong arm but was great at motivating his players and able to improvise, hmmm ;)

I will say and I heard more then one player say this, Tim is more assertive in the huddle and the guys look up to him, don't know what that means but it has been said.

Looking to be an interesting game on Sunday...exactly the things that Dallas took advantage of last time is what we have changed this time with Tim. Also until we get a real OLine I will take moving the ball over 3 bombs and out. I for one am very happy we decided to drop Johnson and pick up Hasselback.

Archived