Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Cap to go up around 4mil next year

@DCGoldPants

Look! Something good coming out of Dallas.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/sports/topstories/stories/121103dnsponflcap.8c10c764.html

NFL ups salary cap by $4 million

02:29 PM CST on Wednesday, December 10, 2003

By RICK GOSSELIN / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – The NFL told club executives at its annual labor seminar Wednesday to expect a salary-cap figure of approximately $79 million for the 2004 season, up $4 million from 2003.

The NFL told the teams the salary-cap figure for next season would fall somewhere between $78.7 million and $79.2 million. That represents 64.25 percent of the league's designated gross revenue that will go to the players.

At this same seminar a year ago, the NFL projected the 2003 salary cap at $74.5 million. When all the computations were completed, the salary cap settled in at $75.007 million.

There have been $4 million increases in the salary cap each of the last two seasons.

Originally posted by skinsfanbu

Inmate... The problem is EVERYONE ELSE has the same $4M.

Not exactly. The $4 million cap space increase allows every team room to make the deal, but few teams have Snyder's CASH FLOW for big bonuses or the moxy to make big deals. :) I hope the Titans dont franchise Kearse and we can sign him. :)

Originally posted by bubba9497

Kearse is always hurt. yep

So where is your friggin proof? :laugh:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133332

He played all 48 games in his first 3 seasons. Played 4 out of 16 in 2002 and has missed 3 out of 13 so far this year. That isnt "always hurt."

I'll take 4 seasons of double-digit sacks anyday.

Christ, I gotta do all the work around here and never get any credit from Om, who off in the corner eating donuts somewhere. :paranoid:

He played all 48 games in his first 3 seasons. Played 4 out of 16 in 2002 and has missed 3 out of 13 so far this year. That isnt "always hurt."
:rolleyes:

that's 15 games missed in the past 29, more than 50%. The injury to his foot still plagues him, & he also missed a chunk of time in preseason this year injured.

yeah, he was good his first three years, but not the last two, if you reversed that you have a point, not now. For the money he will want that is a big risk, he reinjuries his foot again it could be it.

This is great news!

It's $4 million more salary cap dollars the Eagles can save! :doh:

I'll go way out on a limb here and predict that the Philadelphia Eagles will be your 2004 Salary Cap bowl winners, for the umpteenth consecutive year. Who needs Super Bowl trophies: we have more money left over than anyone else. :D

Archived