Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to Chris Cooley?

goonsquad

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I venture a guess it was what TK posted above.  It also popped up on my FB feed.  I was hoping for radio.  A live event on social media through the team, ugh.  I’d imagine his film breakdowns would go here but he would no doubt have to water them down in this format.

OK, got it.  Yeah part of what I loved about Cooley's breakdowns was that they were brutally honest so hopefully this doesn't change this but I can get how they might

I’m cool with how it was done today. The breakdown. 

Hate ragging on a guy, but a guy to challenge and ask Cooley follow up questions during breakdown would be amazing. I respect the young guy for attempting to provide value, but it’s just not needed in that forum. 

Honestly the co-host here, who seems like a nice guy trying his best, just doesn't have anything but cliche's and sort of nothing-speak.  I'd kill for just Cooley (and maybe someone else sharp with X's and O's), All 22 video on the screen, and a telestrator.  I don't know how much demand there is for really being able to mainline some serious analysis, but on the old radio show it seemed to get the audience engaged, so I kind of wish this wasn't a Redskins funded endeavor, and instead set up a Patreon or something and really go nuts on Youtube (although then he probably couldn't use any footage?).

Archived