Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: who would you choose as the Skins GM

I'm sure we have discussed this over the past couple years, but what the hay...........not recently. And at 5-8 what else have we got to talk about now? :laugh:

For those who want a GM for the Redskins, understand that hiring a GM does not guarantee anything. There are many long time losing franchises in the NFL who have undistinguished GM's. The key is hiring an exceptional GM and they can be as hard to find as finding an exceptional head coach.

My pick would now be Bruce Allen who is now the "Senior assistant" of the Raiders. :) Being that Bobby Beathard had lost his magic with the Chargers and Ron Wolf apparently wants part ownership of a team, which is unacceptable to most teams.

Originally posted by Bufford The Sheep

Wolf is a great GM and has been...I want the NEXT great GM. I picked Allen. Without Al Davis, I think he could do a lot of good.

Bufford, do you think working for Snyder would be that much different for Allen?

I can't remember the name, but there was a young guy that worked in the FO of Tampa that Spurrier wanted orginally.

Originally posted by riggins44

Bufford, do you think working for Snyder would be that much different for Allen?

I can't remember the name, but there was a young guy that worked in the FO of Tampa that Spurrier wanted orginally.

i think that's McKay, but i could be wrong.

What has Rich McKay done to deserve this praise?

For years they couldn't get a WR worth a damn, and then to correct that problem they traded for Keymouth, only to release him several years later. Their RB's are discards from *gulp* the Cardinals, and their o-line is only respectable despite spending lots of rescources on shoring it up.

I do like certain things that he's done - he drafted the three guys Lynch, Brooks and Sapp who still anchor their defense, and the McFarland and Rice acquisitions were good. But overall I'm not seeing tremendous things from him.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

SkinInsite,

I'm not sure who runs the Patriots draft or operation, but I think you may be referring to Scott Pioli, who has the title of Vice President - player personnel, being they don't have anyone with the title of GM. :)

I thought Bobby Grier ran the Pats. At least he used to.

Bill Polian is under contract isn't he? You can't lure away a coach or GM in a lateral move, especially if they are under contract. It has to be a promotion. :) Although technically Bill Polian is the President......... so would hiring him as a GM be a lateral move? Hmm.

Although technically Charley Armey is under contract too. Rich McKay is rumored to be leaving Tampa Bay for Atlanta at the end of the season. :)

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

SkinInsite,

I'm not sure who runs the Patriots draft or operation, but I think you may be referring to Scott Pioli, who has the title of Vice President - player personnel, being they don't have anyone with the title of GM. :)

Therefore, we could hire him straight up in that it's a promotion rather than a lateral transfer and owe the Pats NUTTIN!. :cheers:

:dallasuck

Originally posted by skinsfanjoe

I'd go with Ron Wolf. Anyone that can get Brett Favre in a trade for basically nothing, and get premiere free agents to come and play in Green Bay for goodness sake, is worth whatever he wants IMO.

Also..................the biggest aspect of getting wolf is that he is a Spurrier fan!

THAT would be a HUGE help. If SS would take the tuteledge from Wolf, we could be onto something. the question really has to be, will SS accept and listen to the new GM? I would hope that Wolf would have the clout. If not......................:doh:

Also, Wolf lives in the area. He chose to live in Annapolis.

Also, Wolf hs previously listed the Packers, Skins Giants and Steelers as the only teams he would be interestred in working with/for again in that in his opinion, they are "old-school, original, respected" teams.

Also, he hasn't been out too long.

The challenge? Last time he and DS talked, RW wanted a piece of ownership. DS didn't want to give that up. However, DS did just give up a small piece of the team to generate some capital. I would hope that DS would be able to make that move if he decided that he needed a uality GM and that GM was Ron Wolf.

Archived