Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Smith released, Reggie White signed (A funny for your thoughts)

gridironmike

I didn't want to post this as a serious post because I didn't want to wear the 'ol clown for awhile. I so badly wanted to do this....

The Washington Redskins announced today that Bruce Smith, the NFL's all-time sack leader (since 1982), has been unconditionally released. Smith surpassed Reggie White in Sunday's game versus the New York Giants, sacking Jesse Palmer for a seven yard loss.

In an unprecedented move, the Redskins signed FA Reggie White for the remaining three games. Rumor has it that marketing whiz Daniel Snyder has tee-shirts and other memorabilia touting White for reclaiming his title as the sack king. Merchandise is expected to go on sale the minute White breaks the record.

Personnel director Vinny Cerrato has indiciated that the Redskins would like to resign Bruce Smith for the Chicago game in the event that Reggie White breaks his record this Sunday versus Dallas. "This pattern could hold on until the end of the season if these guys get hot. Reggie only needs one and a half sacks to pass Bruce. If he does, Bruce would only need one to pass Reggie. This creates competition among the players and genuine marketing opportunites for Mr. Snyder." Daniel Snyder was rumored to have warned Reggie White not to complain about his status as a reserve as opposed to a starter.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

We should keep Bruce, sign White, and put them on opposite sides of the line at the same time. Talk about two rabid old guys desperate to get to the QB….

Hey, it could work! Reggie was a left end. We can't take them without $ean Gilbert in the middle, can we?

Archived