Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I met a cool Redskins fan today...

Mad Mike

"Duck" Edwing. He's a cartoonist for Mad magazine and he's been doing it since 1961. He's a die hard skins fan and he comes to the same sports bar I go to all the time. I know this may be a small thing to many of you but if you grew up reading Mad magazine like I did, it's pretty cool to meet one of it's most famous cartoonists and find out he's a Skins fan.

So how about it. Any Mad magazine fans out there?

Yeah, that's the guy. I kept on missing him when he was in the bar but yesterday my friend came to our table and she dragged me down to where he was sitting. He's a real character and his wife goes by the name Cluck... Duck & Cluck. :laugh: While he is not the creator of spy vs spy, I think he was one of the original artists. He said he would bring me in a copy of a special edition featuring his work next week, if so I will do a scan or two and post them.

Thanks for the Don Martin comic, Tarhog. Classic. The best one of all time is called something like "One Day at a Diner" -

"Where's the Bathroom, Mac. I gotta, go and no foolin'."

And Spy vs. Spy! Another classic. So cool he's a 'Skins fan too. Mad Mike, be sure to post if you get something. . .

Originally posted by Symbol

Well Mike, I hope you told one of the inkers for one of the greatest mags of all time about the greatest Redskins message board of all times...

Of course I did! I even told him about bayougator and the amazing pics of St. Patrick he posted! Hopefully I can get him to log on and say hello.

:cheers:

Archived