Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Great Outdoors Thread (Hunting, Fishing, Target/Skeet Shooting, Etc.)

Dont Taze Me Bro

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Looking to get some custom grips.  I prefer to not get any with that thumb groove cut into it like the ones on the G10 grips.  It will be for a 1911 full size and I'd like for them to be good quality.  I'm open to wood, metal, etc.  It would be for one with this color steel:

The thumb groove annoys me as I have big hands and it doesn't fit right for my thumb.  Any suggestions?

Edit:  Oh and as cool as 10,000 year old wooly mammoth ivory grips look, I'm not looking to drop that much $$$ on grips :806:   I'd say in the range of $150 or less. 

For just a little more you can go full tacky/gucci.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/538925358/1911-24k-plated-grips-cachas-1911?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-accessories-other&utm_custom1=b166af13-7720-4a11-8051-9ba0725749e3&gclid=CjwKCAjwsJ3ZBRBJEiwAtuvtlGMMrw72tBL3oIhtpY7R7sIoN--1mlGLQMby3tVrGu7RhS_8QAVOJhoCG3IQAvD_BwE

My dad has a nice workshop set-up at his house, all kinds of equipment for woodworking.  I might see if he can get an exotic block of wood and make a few sets for me in his shop.  I'm by no means inherited the carpenter gene from him like he did from his father, but they should be fairly easy to make (for him).  

Archived