Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's Betts???

GSF

Originally posted by Cskin

O.k...Betts reinjured his forearm...that's the latest on his injury. The bigger question is, can we rely on the now oft-injued Trung/Betts combination in our offensive backfield? Trung has a history of injury, so his setbacks this year are par for the course. Betts started virtually every game at Iowa and was rarely if ever hurt. Is he injury prone as well?

I'm beginning to think an investment in a back in the draft, maybe a middle round pick, might be a good option. I'm beginning to think Betts/Trung may both be unable to handle the feature back position we all yearn for on the roster.

I'm with you Cskin, except if you take a back in the draft you have to go high. If we're going to draft a back it has to be someone with a very good chance of being able to carry the load, b/c the rest of our backs are change of pace guys. I don't know much about the draft pool yet, but I do know there are at least 3 good backs with Jones and the guys from Mich and Ore. State. If the dline class is a weak as everybody says, maybe you go RB with the first pick and best DL with the second, and look for a good FA dlineman as well.

I'm with you guys Cskin,

We gotta get somebody who can carry the load, these guys cant do it, they've done a nice job at times, but they cant do it.

We need a Kevin Jones, or Steven Jackson. Lets face it there arent any DE's worth taking in the first round anyways, so lets just take an RB.

Or someone said Deshaun Foster is a free agent, i think that would be a very good guy to take this job.

I hate to say this but I will, SD played with a similar injury that Betts has. He is a bust it is that simple. We should have kept Watson over him, at least he played. Betts has been consistently hurt his 2 years here. Keep him just because he is cheap, but don't go out of your way to make him the feature back.

With Betts reinjuring his arm on his single carry, With Trung limping off injured once again, and with Morton being so small, talented though he be, it's really becoming a concern.

Is there a running back on the roster capable of becoming the durable, all purpose back we should have?

More and more I can see RB moving up the list of needs.

If we had more than 4 draft picks, and didn't desperately need DL, I could see going for a big time back. Hopefully we can land a decent FA player for the DL. Without the super hefty price tag.

I am starting to wonder about Betts ever being the feature back. He has the tools, but I am starting to wonder about his heart and his knack of getting injured.

He showed flash the end of last season, but every time he has a chance to step up and be the guy, he comes up lame this year. A broken arm is not a nagging injury, but he had a spain ed ankle like the second game, now he took his self out because he said his arm was hurting. If he is that brittle and injury prone he will never make it in the NFL.

I hope I am wrong.

from the WP:

"Reserve tailback Ladell Betts aggravated his fractured forearm on his only carry, and Spurrier said that running back John Simon could be forced into significant playing time next Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys at FedEx Field. . . ."

So Betts is a bust already…. what ever happened to the “you have to wait 3 years to determine if a player is a bust. He had a pretty good year last year considering the opportunities he got. He’s been injured this year – and so now he’s a bust.

I just don’t get it….

:rolleyes:

Archived