Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

K-State vs. Oklahoma.....

Tom [Giants fan]

Originally posted by DeathByLinebacker

What I can't figure out is how Sproles isn't considered a Heisman canidate when he led the nation in rushing and all-purpose yards

They mentioned that on TV,and pointed out he's a Sophmore.

He does hold the school yardage record, though. (Even before this game).

One thing I heard: The folks who could wind up really getting shafted by those blankety-blank upstarts failing to lay down could be Texas. Under BCS rules:

• Any team that wins the Big 12 championship gets a BCS game, regardless of it's ranking.
  • Maximum two teams from a conference get BCS invites.

Texas may wind up with one loss, and ranked #4 or so in the BCS, but with no invite to the conference championship or a BCS game. (Both went to three-loss K-State).

-----------------

So, do all K-State RBs go to the Skins? (Or just the ones I can remember)?

Originally posted by Larry

They mentioned that on TV,and pointed out he's a Sophmore.

He does hold the school yardage record, though. (Even before this game).

One thing I heard: The folks who could wind up really getting shafted by those blankety-blank upstarts failing to lay down could be Texas. Under BCS rules:

• Any team that wins the Big 12 championship gets a BCS game, regardless of it's ranking.
  • Maximum two teams from a conference get BCS invites.

Texas may wind up with one loss, and ranked #4 or so in the BCS, but with no invite to the conference championship or a BCS game. (Both went to three-loss K-State).

-----------------

Actually Sproles is a Junior. He played one year there while Rock was still there. As a true Freshman, he was awesome.

Blondie

Actually, I think I just thought of the answer to my own question. When they said Sproles had the record, they said he took it from Joe Morris.

So, is this school "Short RB U" or something?

Actually, I think I just thought of the answer to my own question. When they said Sproles had the record, they said he took it from Joe Morris.

So, is this school "Short RB U" or something?

I think Joe Morris went to Syracuse. A few years ago we had Joe Hall playing RB. He weighed about 300 pounds at 6'0. Josh Scobey started a few years ago and was 6'0, 210-220. The thing is that Bill Snyder is really good at changing his offense to suit his personnel. When Chad May was qb he was a pure drop back passer and the offense was designed to play to his strength. Recently, we've had a string of running qb's and the offense is geared that way.

Another thing that works real well is that the players are scared of Snyder. :D

i figured that this would be OK's toughest match of the season-- regardless of who they play in a bowl game. KSt was finally playing up to their potential, and at the most important time of the year. their offense is as good as any in the country-- in case y'all didn't know that before last night!

GO CATS!

footnote-- I'd love to see Josh Buhl (LB #7) in the B&G!

Archived