Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

salary cap #'s......???

Coach Williams

another question:

now I'm probably wrong so someone help me out here.....

redskins cap #'s...below

http://home.earthlink.net/~wahoofamily/salary04.htm

2004 column salary numbers equal

$60,657,200...million

plus 4.564 million...dead money

=65,221,200 million.....

now thats with 40 players

and 18 free agents

if the cap is $75,007,000

that leaves us with ( $9,785,800 mill)

for 13 more players to complete the roster

is this correct?? and if this is correct is see why champ can't stay unless he gets cheaper......

___________________________________:applause:

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

another question:

now I'm probably wrong so someone help me out here.....

redskins cap #'s...below

http://home.earthlink.net/~wahoofamily/salary04.htm

2004 column salary numbers equal

$60,657,200...million

plus 4.564 million...dead money

=65,221,200 million.....

now thats with 40 players

and 18 free agents

if the cap is $75,007,000

that leaves us with ( $9,785,800 mill)

for 13 more players to complete the roster

is this correct?? and if this is correct is see why champ can't stay unless he gets cheaper......

___________________________________:applause:

The one thing that is missing from that chart is the prorated bonus money and incentives for each player. The numbers you see are just the base salaries that the players are scheduled to earn.

I have been tinkering with a spreadsheet that factors in these bonus amounts, assumes we sign all of our EFA and RFA players to minimum tender amounts, and does not factor in re-signing any of our free agents. It also factors in an escalator for Ramsey that increases his base salary to $2.9 million. With guys like Bruce and Barker still on the roster and adding in the dead money to date, I am coming up with a cap figure of $77,351,033. Dropping Bruce and Barker would drop this figure to $69,951,033.

I anticipate that guys like LaVar, Trotter, Samuels, and Gardner could have some unreported escalators that will be triggered, but I really hope not.

Bruce has stated that he's going to retire this year but I'm not sure what effect, if there is one, that will have on his cap #. Hopefully the team succeeds in it's quest to renegotiate a few of the contracts that take up a good deal of space on the payroll. I believe I read an article a month or so ago stating the Skins had budgeted for next year and could absorb Arrington's contract and sign Baily if need be. Of course, it is early, (mountain time...ahem). coffee.gif

:cheers:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Bruce has stated that he's going to retire this year but I'm not sure what effect, if there is one, that will have on his cap #. Hopefully the team succeeds in it's quest to renegotiate a few of the contracts that take up a good deal of space on the payroll. I believe I read an article a month or so ago stating the Skins had budgeted for next year and could absorb Arrington's contract and sign Baily if need be. Of course, it is early, (mountain time...ahem).

Both Bruce and Barker would be in the final years of their contracts, so cutting them would only leave behind the remainder of their prorated bonuses. And remember they renegotiated Bruce earlier in the season to have more of his bonus money count this year instead of next.

Originally posted by fish

If Bruce retires, does his numbers still count against our cap since in effect, by "retiring" he is the one quitting, we're not cutting him.

Since 2004 is his last contract year, it makes no difference if he retires or is cut. His base salary is eliminated, but the final year of his proration remains on the 2004 cap.

Archived