Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK

Give me a break. Lavar was doing Exactly what he was supposed to do on the Brooks TD. If he runs up to get him, Brooks has a straight shot at a passing TD to McAllister. (I believe that was who came in and blocked Lavar from getting to Brooks) He was running right across the goal line and had his man beat. Brooks doesn't throw that pass BECAUSE Lavar stuck to his assignment. It just sucked that LA got blocked outta the way.

Everyone is failing to mention that when Doc Walker was asking him what in the hell is the problem did anyone notice how LaVar was hesitant to answer? Basically if you read between the lines someone is breaking down constantly on that defense. It might be someone that he's playing with in the LB core. But that's just me speculating. But you could tell he was sidestepping the question because he didn't want to name any names.

Originally posted by TK421Band

Give me a break. Lavar was doing Exactly what he was supposed to do on the Brooks TD. If he runs up to get him, Brooks has a straight shot at a passing TD to McAllister. (I believe that was who came in and blocked Lavar from getting to Brooks) He was running right across the goal line and had his man beat. Brooks doesn't throw that pass BECAUSE Lavar stuck to his assignment. It just sucked that LA got blocked outta the way.

Not so. Deuce was blocked, pushed into LA by Trotter who was covering Deuce. Additionally, there was another Skins defender there, Bauman, to LA's left. Brooks did not have a "dump off" possibility with Trotter and Bauman in coverage IMO. Be that as it may the "highest" paid players on this team need to make plays. That's why the are paid what they are paid. Clearly the team's performance and thus record demonstrate that.

Archived