Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP-Is anyone actually excited for this Redskins season?

actorguy1

Given that we are now 0-1 with games against the Raiders and Chiefs before the end of the month and the Nats should start their playoff run during the bye week.....um...no. 

BTW, I have a ticket to the Dallas game on 10/29, but IF I can get a ticket to see the Nats play in WS game #5 that same day and if it is at the same time, I will pass on the Dallas game.  Dallas game is at 4:25, so it will likely be hard to do both w/o missing a significant part of one or the other.

17 hours ago, Smooters said:

I'm just as excited as when John Beck was the starter. Or was it Danny Wuerffel? Hmmmm.

I was super excited for Wuerffel, spurrier, the east coast offense. All of it. Probably one of my most excitednessed times like ever.

I know that's not a word. I don't care.

15 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

Given that we are now 0-1 with games against the Raiders and Chiefs before the end of the month and the Nats should start their playoff run during the bye week.....um...no. 

BTW, I have a ticket to the Dallas game on 10/29, but IF I can get a ticket to see the Nats play in WS game #5 that same day and if it is at the same time, I will pass on the Dallas game.  Dallas game is at 4:25, so it will likely be hard to do both w/o missing a significant part of one or the other.

I live in OKC so I have zero connection to the DMV market. I was up there last year during the Nats-Dodgers series... this was the week between our Ravens and Eagles games last year, both of which I attended. I was STUNNED and I mean STUNNED at the lack of chatter about the Nats. I saw and heard virtually nothing about them. All of the talk I heard was Redskins related. I realize that 980 is a Skins station, but you'd think at least 1 in 4 calls would be Nats related. But nothing close to that. Also surprised just in general as I walked around the Mall and Alexandria, etc. at the general lack of anything Nats related. I am a Thunder fan which obviously a much, much smaller market with one team so perhaps I'm just used to seeing and hearing Thunder talk non-stop during the season (and it is out of control during playoffs), but it was really surprising to not see anything like that with the Nats. Honestly, if I wasn't a baseball fan I would have had absolutely no idea there was a playoff baseball game in the city that night.

Archived