Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Training Camp & Preseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 60m60 minutes ago

Your starting ILBs on Saturday will be Mason Foster and Zach Brown. Foster will be Mike, calling the defenses.

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis 1h1 hour ago

Gruden praised TE Niles Paul for his ability to play anywhere/do anything asked of him. He said he wants to see him play more. #Redskins

Nora PrinciottiVerified account @NoraPrinciotti 2h2 hours ago

Zach Brown and Mason Foster were the first team ILBs against the scout team offense.

Nora PrinciottiVerified account @NoraPrinciotti 1h1 hour ago

"Mr. Consistent," Jay Gruden terms Ryan Grant. Says he'd be happy to see Grant play a big role in offense.

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 2h2 hours ago

Will Blackmon in alongside DJ Series with first team defense working against scout team offense. Brown and Foster at LB spots

Overheard at camp: "What are you reading a book in there? Let's go!" Redskins coach Jay Gruden to the third team offense during a two-minute drill. Gruden had been imploring them to get in and out of the huddle faster and was clearly annoyed with their pace throughout the drill.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Receiver Josh Doctson has a shot at playing Saturday. Coach Jay Gruden said Doctson looked good in practice and they'll test him pre-game Saturday to see if he can play vs. Green Bay.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie report: Receiver Robert Davis, a sixth-round pick, showed inconsistent hands early in camp. "He did not squeeze the ball well, but he's catching the ball at an excellent rate now," receivers coach Ike Hilliard said. Davis has proved a quick study, learning both the X and Z spot. A big key: how he fares on special teams. He made a tackle in coverage in the preseason opener; the Redskins have been seeking a receiver to help in coverage for a few years.

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 27s28 seconds ago

#Redskins @JovaisG w/ @thecooleyzone & @kevins980 on @espn980 - "I'm an every down player...I just want to help the team any way I can..."

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 29s29 seconds ago

#Redskins @JovaisG w/ @thecooleyzone & @kevins980 on Coach Manusky - "[Manusky] played LB in the #NFL...you want to play hard for him"

Andrew BrandtVerified account @AndrewBrandt

Jaguars always seem to "win" the offseason and become a trendy pick to do well in season. And then.. #WinningMarch

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 27s27 seconds ago

#Redskins @JovaisG w/ @thecooleyzone & @kevins980 on Rookie Jonathan Allen - "He's a beast...you'd think the guy is a 5 year pro..."

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 27m27 minutes ago

#Redskins S Deshazor Everett was back at practice today after missing yesterday due to a personal matter.

Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins visits with quarterback coach Matt Cavanaugh's son --U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Andrew Cavanaugh. The Redskins hosted members of the military, including some who were sworn in earlier at Redskins Park.

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman 41s41 seconds ago

Jamison Crowder told me he WILL play tomorrow against GB. His hamstring has been better for 2-3 days and he's 100% good to go. #Redskins

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman 33s33 seconds ago

Replying to @CraigHoffman

Dashazor Everett (personal matter) returned to his starting SS spot in walk-through. He'll start tomorrow. #Redskins #GBvsWAS

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman 3m3 minutes ago

Josh Doctson told us it's up to the coaches whether or not he plays, but he's continuing to get better. He'll be a true gametime decision.

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman 3m3 minutes ago

Ryan Anderson (stinger) missed basically his 3rd straight day. Gruden said yesterday he'll be a gametime decision tomorrow. #Redskins

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 4m4 minutes ago

Had a really good conversation with #Redskins RT Morgan Moses today. His reaction to #Skins drafting Brandon Scherff most interesting. (1/2)

Peter Schrager Retweeted Dan Pompei

No one is writing better in depth football player profiles right now than Dan. Great as always.

Peter Schrager added,

Dan PompeiVerified account @danpompei
The story of Terrelle Pryor, wide receiver and talk of Redskins camp. "He has no limits at that position." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727837-how-terrelle-pryor-went-from-a-failed-qb-to-a-wr-with-scary-upside 

Archived