Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Away Game Packages. Anyone ever use one?

NoCalMike

So, living in NorCal, I have always attended the 'Skins games out here when they play.  I have always figured out my own arrangements. I live close enough to the Bay Area where I really could just drive there the morning of the game, drive home after (about a 90 min drive).

This year the 'Skins play in SoCal.  About an 8 hour drive give or take with traffic and road conditions.  I will be driving there and back but not the same day. Probably take a 3 day weekend and drive home thenext day.

I was originally planning on going to both, but I might instead just focus all my time & resources into one, that way I can use other funds to go out exploring and spend money on other things. I am not a Los Angeles expert by any means, but have been there enough times to know plenty of places to check out, eat at, explore etc etc....(not to mention I have lots of in-laws and stuff down there).

My question is,  has anyone bought an "official" Redskins Away Game package before through the team itself (or the company who puts them together for the team) and let that company do the work?  I am not even sure what it all includes since the company the Redskins use doesn't have the options listed yet.  How expensive is it?  Am I better off just buying my tickets myself through ticketmaster or stubhub (or the like?) 

If it is ridiculously expensive and only worth it for people who'd have to fly out for a game, I won't bother. I am more curious about the service and if it includes any "perks" I wouldn't otherwise get just simply buying tickets online and going.

Thanks!

We're talking Dan Snyder, here.  He sells the right to offer deals to someone who offers you a deal.  Think real hard, who ends up paying for that?

We bought our own tickets to Seattle (which might get cheaper, airlines do offer price protection), and VRBO'd accommodations for 10 (2,800 SF house for $700 per night within walking distance). So even if I have to pay a premium for tickets (eventually, we'll see how it goes) I feel well ahead of the game.

But, YMMV.

Myself and my oldest friend do 1 away game a year.  We've looked at away packages and find them to be crazy overpriced.   We made our own arrangements for London last year, and came out thousands of $ cheaper than even the basic packages.  I think the only benefit to the package is some sort of meet and greet arranged by the team, but honestly if you go to the Redskins Rally you'll meet the same people.  I'd recommend making your own arrangements. 

That is my thinking too.  I just wasn't sure.  It was more of a "Am I missing out on something" inquiry.  Like I said, Los Angeles is no joke of a drive from Sacramento, but I've done it before plenty and would gladly do it for the game, I was just curious if there was something additional I'd be getting out of the package deal.

Apparently not. LOL.

25 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

... I was just curious if there was something additional I'd be getting out of the package deal.

Apparently not. LOL.

Just going to rallys and ES tailgates we've met Dan and Ms. Snyder, Bruce, Tana, Cooley, Gary Clark, London Fletcher, Doc Walker, Larry Michaels, Lavar, Portis, and several others.  IMO you're not missing anything by skipping the packages.

Rather than driving, have you considered flying?  With Southwest, it looks like it would be around $150 round trip from Sacramento, about $100 from SF or Oakland.  I would think driving wouldn't be that much cheaper, and flying is way more convenient.  Although not having a car could be a pain I guess..but to rent one would be about another $100 total.

Last year I went to the Arizona game and since I'm in ny. Went to the Giants game as well. Both Ticket packages were made by StubHub. Why, more seats available and better seat locations. 

For this upcoming year I'll probably be going to Nola again. 1st time was for the on game. Good time, good food, and the fans are very polite. As for a D.C. Game, I'm still pissed off at how Scott mc situation got handled! So no D.C. ! 

Archived