Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The College Bound Athlete (share, ask, boast)

AsburySkinsFan

9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Ok, it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread.

Ethan gets his first start today at the Disney ESPN Soccer Showcase. Yesterday there are 40+ college coaches at the game...today there will be more and the University of Kentucky GK coach is here to see Ethan. 

The game starts at 1:30pm and I feel like I'm gonna puke. 

Ok, I'm hesitant, but you know I love you like a brother. How'd it go? Feel free to PM. I need good news. ✌

29 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Ok, I'm hesitant, but you know I love you like a brother. How'd it go? Feel free to PM. I need good news. ✌

LoL!

Well...we said before this game started that if we got a draw we'd be happy...funny how your feelings change when you are up and the draw comes on a corner kick in the 90th minute.
Ethan had an amazing game with huge saves, in front of tons of college coaches (75) against one of the top ranked teams in the nation.
Final
Kings Hammer 1-1 Sporting United (Texas)

Here are his highlights!

• 6 months later...

Well Ethan attended the Univ. Kentucky's Men's Elite Soccer Camp this weekend. Here are his results. This would be really amazing if this could work out for him at UK. We've had an on-going communication with the GK coach at UK for the past year, and his camp eval this year is a love letter compared to what we saw last year. The formal recruitment discussions start this week, so this is about to get really interesting.

I've watched this kid kick serious ass the past two years and his game has taken off in a way I didn't expect. As I watch him right now he could play for just about any D3 school and he hasn't started his senior year yet. He's given up the girlfrields and the distractions all to be focused on what he wants to do and I couldn't be more proud. 

Two weeks ago he went to the Univ of Louisville camp, and the attitude was cool to say the least, which is fine. We don't expect red carpet treatment, but he had to request a camp evaluation from his coach there, which from what we understand is typically a bad sign for a camp. So after UofL he was nursing a gimpy knee for a week and was going into UK camp nervous. Needless to say he had a good camp.

D23FBBBE-6629-40C7-9135-7C63C26BE2EC.jpeg

80CEB0E3-38A8-4F80-BAFC-F69FA8467528.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ethan is having a very good summer, Univ. Akron Men's Soccer camp this weekend. Ethan was selected as the starting GK for the All-Star team and named as the Most Valuable Goalkeeper for the camp out of 24 goalkeepers. We had some more very good conversations with the coaches. For those who may not know Akron, they have won their conference championship every year since 2002, they've had several NCAA tourney Final Fours and a National Championship, in short they are a men's college soccer powerhouse. 

We were talking with the head coach and he said that Ethan was the fan favorite among the coaches.

A212D1D6-530B-4C43-85D6-A8135BC53EFD.jpeg

55BC8889-652F-4E43-9813-70C0864FCD53.jpeg

Archived