Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Godfather film?

Ron78

What is your favorite Godfather film?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Godfather film?

• The Godfather
    • The Godfarther Part II
    • The Godfather Part III
  2. 2. Should Coppola make a Godfather Part IV?

• Yes
    • No

I went with the first one.  Love seeing how Michael comes into power.  The scene where he's sitting in his father's chair and all of a sudden speaks up and starts planning the hit on McCluskey and The Turk.  The scene where he goes into the bathroom and reaches up behind the toilet to get the gun...he doesn't just grab it right away.  No matter how many times I see it, the tension builds and it always seems like it's not there.  The scene in the hospital where he's protecting his father and stands out front with that guy....the guy asks him for a light and his hand is shaking, Michael's is steady.  So many scenes in that movie are just amazing.

I like II, and I know I'm in the minority on this but I don't really care for the flashback scenes.  They're great and DeNiro does an excellent job but I could do without them.  

It's been forever since I've seen III and I remember it being decent except for Sofia Coppola's acting.  She was terrible.  

Now part of me wants to make a ton of spaghetti, crack open a bottle of red wine and watch the first two back to back this weekend.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's been forever since I've seen III and I remember it being decent except for Sofia Coppola's acting.  She was terrible. 

I found Al Pacino's acting to be more of a disappointment in III.  Sofia Coppola acted as expected.  But, Pacino was a completely different character in III.  He acted more like Al Pacino than Michael Corleone.

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I went with the first one.  Love seeing how Michael comes into power.  The scene where he's sitting in his father's chair and all of a sudden speaks up and starts planning the hit on McCluskey and The Turk.  The scene where he goes into the bathroom and reaches up behind the toilet to get the gun...he doesn't just grab it right away.  No matter how many times I see it, the tension builds and it always seems like it's not there.  The scene in the hospital where he's protecting his father and stands out front with that guy....the guy asks him for a light and his hand is shaking, Michael's is steady.  So many scenes in that movie are just amazing.

I like II, and I know I'm in the minority on this but I don't really care for the flashback scenes.  They're great and DeNiro does an excellent job but I could do without them.  

Now part of me wants to make a ton of spaghetti, crack open a bottle of red wine and watch the first two back to back this weekend.

Good idea, I have the DVDs too. 

Archived