Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP:Vick's return suffers setback

TK

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=200&xlc=1087129

NFL Notebook: Vick's return suffers setback

Associated Press

Web Posted : 11/20/2003 12:00 AM

Michael Vick had a setback Wednesday in his attempt to return to the lineup this weekend.

An Atlanta Falcons teammate stepped on the quarterback's right ankle in a walkthrough. Vick, out since fracturing his right leg in a preseason game Aug. 16, was unable to participate in team drills during the two-hour afternoon practice.

According to team orthopedist Andrew Bishop and trainer Ron Medlin, Vick did not sustain further damage to his right foot. They added that Vick rolled his ankle after taking a snap and trying to step to his right as his foot was caught.

Vick worked with the scout team for three days last week and hoped to take some snaps this week with the first-team.

Browns RB stabbed: The fiancee of Cleveland running back William Green was arrested Wednesday night on charges she stabbed him in the back.

Green sustained a puncture wound under his left shoulder blade — which did not require stitches — during a fight at his suburban home in Westlake, Ohio, police said.

Asia Gray, who earlier in the day made a 911 call to police saying Green had cut himself, was arrested for felonious assault and domestic violence.

Green told police he was hurt accidentally.

"He said it was received when he fell going up a flight of stairs, carrying some items, including a knife," a police release said.

Spurrier to call plays again: Washington coach Steve Spurrier said Wednesday he will resume the role as primary play-caller after letting Redskins offensive coordinator Hue Jackson do it for the past two games.

"I just need to get more involved," Spurrier said. "I sort of stepped back a little bit and watched it a while. Hue's done an excellent job, but I need to be talking to the quarterback."

Warner's insight pays off: St. Louis quarterback Marc Bulger was 11 for 21 for only 101 yards in the first half Sunday. With the Rams trailing the Bears 14-3, coach Mike Martz strongly considered going with Kurt Warner, who led the Rams to Super Bowls in 1999 and 2001. Warner factored into the equation by telling the coach he should not make a change, that it wouldn't be fair to Bulger, and Bulger finished 29 for 46 for 240 yards and two TDs in a 23-21 victory at Chicago.

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but the owner of the Atlanta Falcons actually sent out a letter to season ticket holders that apologized for the team's performance this season.

Say it with me folks.....PATHETIC.

WTF is that about?!?! I don't know what this hillbilly promised the people of Atlanta this year, but what did he expect by building a one dimensional team? Peerless Price was brought in to be the perfect compliment to Mike Vick and the defensive free agents that they picked up in the offseason were junk ( ie. Ty Williams ). You have to think that Dan Reeves has gone through a hungry man's amount of Zocor ( or whatever high blood pressure pill he's endorsing this week ) to put up with the garbage going on in this organization.

Archived