Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

But Danny Boy only wants to win

stratoman

Danny Boy needs to sell the team!! He sucks as an owner!! Too many of you HOMERS see no wrong in his handling of the team!! He has made many more bad choices then good ones, and if he remains sticking his dumb A$$ in the football operations, the Skins will continue to under achieve. Look at the linebackers for Dallas or New England, not one high priced free agents(all pro LOL) but hard working men who want to win. Trotter and Armstead make one good play a game and f up most of the other times.Arrington ain't no LT(he could be). Smith is a Bill not a Redskin all he wants is a selfish record, he doesn't really give a damn if the Skins win!! I have been a Skins fan sice 72 and this is the most disgusted I am with this franchise!! I talked to other Skin's fan who feel the same way including my dad who had season tickets back when they played at Griffith statium!!SOS is a college coach just like Carrol at USC, Holtz at SCU,Bobby Ross no longer in the league,Perkins UAB(no longer there) I was talking to a guy in his 50's at Old Chicagos tonite and he thinks SOS needs to go back to gator country were he belongs and will be taken back with open arms!!!I hope that thinks turn around but I don't see that happening given the current situation!!There are a lot of big name college coaches that don't go PRO...why??? because they are college coaches..doesn't take rocket sience to figure that out!! There is a big difference between being optimistic and being a realist. If you have been a Skins fan for as many years as I have or fansince62 , you know what I mean..Sure I will rute for the Skins to win, but when they lose, I know why:(:soapbox: :soapbox:

Synder does everything to win, and if that means getting players that the coaches want, he gets them, and if you been a skins fan since 72, you will remember that Cooke was one of the leaders in bringing Free Agents in to Washington.

And I believe your point about Spurrier is weak, since there has turned out to be a number of outstanding coaches that went from college to the NFL, Jimmy Johnson, Steve Marriuci, even Parcells started in college...

I can understand your frustration. I have been a long suffering Redskins fan too this past decade or so.

But I would rather have Snyder than most of the other NFL owners. He is first off a fan like us. He puts his money where his mouth is. He gets most of the free agents he goes after -- just like Jack Kent Cooke did. Not all of them pan out, but thems the breaks.

Sometimes what your free agency needs are for the coming season, are just not available in a given year. Thats bad luck. We needed a good DE this year in free agency and Hugh Douglas was available. At least we didn't jump and sign him. Sometimes you are not high enough in the draft to get the player you actually need. Again bad luck can be a factor.

The main problem is that Snyder has only been the owner about 5 years and hasn't found the right head coach. Thats not easy. When Beathard chose the unproven Joe Gibbs, everyone at the time said Joe Gibbs? Joe who? :)

Well this is my 3,000th post. I'm gaining on Bulldog -- at least until he wakes up -- who must be trembling over his Puss n' Boots feed bowl now. :laugh:

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

Snyder just barely has alosing record. If you want marred in mediocrity see the post gibbs pre snyder skins. Those were terrible teams. At least Snyder's boys sometimes come to play.

-DB

Are your serious?? come to play?? With the talent we are SUPOSE to have at linebacker we shouldn't be making a 2nd sting QB and WR look like hall of famers. 4-6 record..um..yeah our guys come to play every game:doh: :doh:

Well that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I knew this is the kind of responses I would get. Only time will tell. Most non Skins fans I talk to think they are a joke given all the free agent "talent" on defense we are supose to have! We were rated 26th before last week. I wonder were we are know. Danny Boy to SOS "we don't need offensive linemen and a need to concentrate on blocking scymes(SP) we have an all star defense"

Time will tell but I have seen Skins teams with less talent do much better.

" THE TRUTH? YOU WANT THE TRUTH?? YOU CAN'Y HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

Why include Bobby Ross in your rant? He went to the Super Bowl w/ SD. :whoknows:

For the most part, our FO did rather well picking up free agents this year (All the Jetskins {though I think we gave up too much for Morton}, Bowen,etc.) We gambled with Fiore and Upshaws' injury histories and it bit us in the tuckus. We let Tre go without considering how thin we could become on the OL if Fiore went down :doh: What Snyder et al has failed to recognize is that in the NFL games are won in the trenches. Our lines should be TOP priority rather than afterhtoughts. The DT situation was obviously bungled with the utmost degree of incompetence.

Basically, I completely understand your exasperation with Snyder, but I still believe he's early on the learning curve and at some point will hire a solid GM who will in turn hire a solid coach. Once that happens, we'll all be very glad we have an owner who's willing to spend the bucks to get whatever the team needs.

Originally posted by stratoman

Are your serious?? come to play?? With the talent we are SUPOSE to have at linebacker we shouldn't be making a 2nd sting qb and we look like hall of famers. 4-6 record..um..yeah are guys come to play every game:doh: :doh:

Are you talking about Spurrier or Snyder?

Snyder's record:

11-7

8-8

8-8

7-9

4-6

38-38

There are two camps here...the "Snyder is doing everything he can think of to win and he has done a good job" camp and the "Snyder is not a GM, has no football experience and it doesn't matter how much he wants to win as long as he is involved in the football decisions" camp. I am in the latter. Until we hire a GM, we are playing with a handicap versus all other teams. You don't see any other teams hiring a business man who is a fan to make their personnel decisions.

I know he spends a lot of money...I know he wants to win. That's super. Hire a GM. I understand that he is the owner and that gives him the right to do this...but it doesn't mean he should do this.

Snyder has not done everything to help this team, we all know the 1 thing Richie Rich will not do and that is keep his know nothing about running a franchise a$$ out of football operations.

He wants to make player decisions, he wants to run the front office, he is a fan (just like us) he knows nothing about how a frianchise should be run. HIRE A GM and keep your meddling a$$ out of daily operations. All he has to do is go to the games sit in his box drink wine and serve brie to his rich friends but, he can't do that so we are dommed to him and his a$$ kisser Cerrato playing fantasy football with this organization

Well that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I knew this is the kind of responses I would get. Only time will tell. Most non Skins fans I talk to think they are a joke given all the free agent "talent" on defense we are supose to have! We were rated 26th before last week. I wonder were we are know. Danny Boy to SOS "we don't need offensive linemen and a need to concentrate on blocking scymes(SP) we have an all star defense"

Time will tell but I have seen Skins teams with less talent do much better.

" THE TRUTH? YOU WANT THE TRUTH?? YOU CAN'Y HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

I agree with everything you posted and yes some of these people just have blind allegiance to the Skins, sooner or later reality has to set in. We are a mediocore team and a minority of us are tired of it. When this team was sold I thought Snyder would be a good thing for us with his money and willingness to spend it but, with his money and willingness to spend he wants total control over the operation so that in a nutshell is our problem. If Snyder ran Snyder communications like he runs this franchise he would not be billionaire today. Rip me if you want but that is my opinion.

I love Snyder. He came from nowhere and now owns the teams he always love. Leave the guy alone and let him enjoy his green pasture. He has made some questionable calls, but what owner hasn't. One thing I know is he's trying to make green fields for all Redskins fans to graze on. What more do you want?

Originally posted by GGB81

There are two camps here...the "Snyder is doing everything he can think of to win and he has done a good job" camp and the "Snyder is not a GM, has no football experience and it doesn't matter how much he wants to win as long as he is involved in the football decisions" camp. I am in the latter. Until we hire a GM, we are playing with a handicap versus all other teams. You don't see any other teams hiring a business man who is a fan to make their personnel decisions.

I know he spends a lot of money...I know he wants to win. That's super. Hire a GM. I understand that he is the owner and that gives him the right to do this...but it doesn't mean he should do this.

:applause: :applause: AMEN!! you hit the nail smack on the head!!:cheers:

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

Snyder just barely has alosing record. If you want marred in mediocrity see the post gibbs pre snyder skins. Those were terrible teams. At least Snyder's boys sometimes come to play.

-DB

I would take the George Allan(2nd most successful Skin's coach) and Pardee over SOS any FU(KEN day of the week!!!:puke:

Originally posted by Chief skin

I agree with everything you posted and yes some of these people just have blind allegiance to the Skins, sooner or later reality has to set in. We are a mediocore team and a minority of us are tired of it. When this team was sold I thought Snyder would be a good thing for us with his money and willingness to spend it but, with his money and willingness to spend he wants total control over the operation so that in a nutshell is our problem. If Snyder ran Snyder communications like he runs this franchise he would not be billionaire today. Rip me if you want but that is my opinion.

I agree with you 100 %. Danny Boy please either keep your a$$ out of the football operations or sell the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2cents:

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

I love Snyder. He came from nowhere and now owns the teams he always love. Leave the guy alone and let him enjoy his green pasture. He has made some questionable calls, but what owner hasn't. One thing I know is he's trying to make green fields for all Redskins fans to graze on. What more do you want?

can I have some of what your smoking as it most be some good $hit for you to think he's the best thing that has happened to the Skins since sliced bread. I bet you are in your teens or early 20s and don't remember the 70's and 80's!!:bong:

Are your serious?? come to play?? With the talent we are SUPOSE to have at linebacker we shouldn't be making a 2nd sting QB and WR look like hall of famers. 4-6 record..um..yeah our guys come to play every game:doh: :doh:

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe our LB unit is OVERRATED??? I didn't used to think so but the last two years of play has me wondering..........

yeah and he can thank the Vikings for the success he had! I seem to remember him not doing so well with Dolphins and their HOF QB!!:puke:

You have to be kidding me. When JJ got to Miami,Marino was done, only Marino didn't know he was done. And is it JJ's fault that the Vikes were that dumb??? Had the Skins pulled off a trade like that,you'd probably be singing their praises. :doh:

Snyder has taken a once proud franchise steeped in tradition and made it a laughing stock, all the NFL pregames rip Richie Rich for his meddling in things he knows nothing about. What we have is a telecommunications professional (his company was Snyder communications) running a football team, owning it is fine. Him and his a$$ kisser Cerrato running it has been a nightmare

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

You have to be kidding me. When JJ got to Miami,Marino was done, only Marino didn't know he was done. And is it JJ's fault that the Vikes were that dumb??? Had the Skins pulled off a trade like that,you'd probably be singing their praises. :doh:

I guess you don't recall the 15 player/draft picks the cboys got for hershal walker!!!:doh: :doh:

Archived