Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hate to point at the KID(Ramsey).....

Fan4life

But the kid looked like a second yr QB. The game should have been over by half time. I counted at least 2-3 TD passes missed by PR to our WR. I was suprise PR didnt step up and say he missed these TDs. In the NFL, Playmakers win the games. And unfortunately our Playmaker is still learning how to throw with touch and accuracy. Sad day for skins fans. but no penalties are key. and PR has to step up this yr or we are working for draft spots.

thoughts??

good points fan4life...you are 100% correct. i hesitate to get too upset about this though since we KNEW or at least should have known that he wouldn't play perfectly each week. it is very frustrating but that's what second year QBs do, they make mistakes from time to time.

skeletor...YES, get coles the ball 6-10 times per game somehow...

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

Speaking of playmakers, why haven't we been getting the ball to Coles on crossing patterns lately.

That seems to be where he is most dangerous after the catch.

Regardless of the pattern the WR is running. PR is just off and on with his passes. I personaly think PR blew this game. He missed way TOO many passes for TDs in the 1st and 2nd qtr. We should have been up 21-3 by half time at least.

Originally posted by speedwagon20

good points fan4life...you are 100% correct. i hesitate to get too upset about this though since we KNEW or at least should have known that he wouldn't play perfectly each week. it is very frustrating but that's what second year QBs do, they make mistakes from time to time.

skeletor...YES, get coles the ball 6-10 times per game somehow...

Most Veteran QB would have had better touches on the ball for those TD passes or given the WR some chances for the grabs.

but with PR..he either Throws with his cannon and its gone too deep or of target. This is something we just have to deal with . its definitely very frustrating. Yesterday, our WR were open soooo many times. and the ball was either over thrown or PR just miss the open WR. Like the play when CM was wide open in the middle. PR is a ROOK and we will have to eat that up...sad. alll very sad.

Well.... he is a 2ND year QB... it's part of the growing process. I too thought he missed some good opportunities late in the game. The overthrow of Gardner in the endzone was painful. But... he came back and hit McCants with a great touch pass to tie the game.

Also, on the last drive.... he resorted back to the play of Jim Plunkett. Instead of moving the chains and getting us in position to kick a game-tying field goal.... he's heaving it down the field trying to get it all at once. Rookie mistake.

Example: On one of the final downs.... the Panthers had man coverage and all receivers ran deep routes. Rock Cartwright slipped off to the right and then crossed the field WIDE OPEN for what would have been at least a 30-40 yard gain... yet Ramsey chucked it downfield and out of bounds. I think the commentators even illustrated that Rock was wide open with room to run.

Well.... the kid still has some growing and learning to do... but he's by far the best young QB we've had since Rypien.

I guess for me I was praying for a yr like Tom Brady had.

but again. Brady just seems a few yrs ahead of PR in the NFL.

Ramsey seems more the all or none kind of QB right now. And with that it spells out our season for us. So all we can do is wait and see what will come out. maybe PR is learning quick and wont make those mistakes next week. but that is still not enough time for him to grow....arrrghhh. some day. :D

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

It was Morton and yes he was wide open. This is just one game but he has been missing the fade in the endzone all year maybe we should take that out of the playbook. If Ramsey works on his touch and that will come with time he will be a pro bowler in this league. He has a longgggggggggggg way to go though.

Why ramsey why....I guess we all can be QB on monday. but those 2 passes for TD was sooo there. and the kid had no touch..just so painful to see and deal with...arrrrghh.

Originally posted by Buck

Ramsey is a good QB, but I really think his year (and the Skins year) will come next season. He is a smart guy and I expect he'll be working on reading defenses and his touch a lot during the offseason.

What does bother me is...all reports say he goes to these P Manning QB schools. And he learns all the fundamentals. But why isnt he out there early practicing on touches with his WR. with the $$$ he is paid. Its his job to lead his WR and have these special connections with them. As PM has with his WR.

The time has come for patience - P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. For Ramsey and for this whole young team. The rest of the year will be time for Ramsey to gain experience - to find the touch on the fade routes and the underneath, knowing when to throw the ball away instead of holding on and taking a sack, general game management, etc. He's smart and physically gifted, he will get much much better with experience.

The core players on this team are all YOUNG - Ramsey, Coles, O-line, Lavar, corners. If we can hold this core together, augment with an impact D-lineman in the offseason, we should be fine.

How many guys on the roster are over 30? Not many, I'll bet.

If the fans, and more importantly - the FRONT OFFICE - can be patient, good things are in store. It's tough seeing mediocrity each year, but I think we've got to end the cycle of blowing everything up and restarting year after year.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

Those are throws that a good QB makes. I still think it’s early for Ramsey, but I have seen him improve this year, so hopefully he’ll be in a place next year where he can make secondary players pay for leaving our receivers open downfield.

I think for the first round pick we need to get someone to take the heat off of Ramsey, a RB that scares people. We can get a DT or DE in the second round. Unless we don't get a good RB in the offseason the draft will have a lot of very good backs.

Originally posted by jbooma

I think for the first round pick we need to get someone to take the heat off of Ramsey, a RB that scares people. We can get a DT or DE in the second round. Unless we don't get a good RB in the offseason the draft will have a lot of very good backs.

Heard Vinnie C. talk about the 2 RB they are trying to draft.

Greg J. and Kevin J..

and vinnie and scouts are real high on trying to get kevin J from Vatech. that would be a nice draft pick. But again..we'll have to see. I personally go for D Hall fro VA tech.:D

Originally posted by Fan4life

Heard Vinnie C. talk about the 2 RB they are trying to draft.

Greg J. and Kevin J..

and vinnie and scouts are real high on trying to get kevin J from Vatech. that would be a nice draft pick. But again..we'll have to see. I personally go for D Hall fro VA tech.:D

D. Hall is not comming out this year. 2005 he will be a top 10 pick. I like Gregg Jones but that big freak of nature is just waiting to get onto the I.R. I like kevin Jones though I really like T.A. Mcl(sp?)

Originally posted by Fan4life

But why isnt he out there early practicing on touches with his WR. with the $$$ he is paid. Its his job to lead his WR and have these special connections with them. As PM has with his WR.

His touch will get better as he gains more experience. It would seem that he needs to work more on that now with his WR's, but who are to say he's not? We have a good young QB now, and I still think next year we'll see HUGE improvements in his play.

Originally posted by jbooma

Good point jbooma - though I think we need to go defense with the first pick (too bad we can't draft a GM ;) ). I would be curious to see who is on the final draft board… maybe there will be a back worth taking. Kevin Jones maybe – but a first round pick?!?!

Archived