Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suppose I had a multi million dollar idea for a website...

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Those require someone to give without getting. My idea involves the non-profit, local businesses, and the community and everybody benefits. Plus my site wouldn't be run as a business like those other ones.

youcaring isn't.

I guess I don't understand.

I'm about to do another fundraiser though

But it's all non-profit and eliminates concern for competition isn't what you claim in the OP. ;)

Semi-true. If it worked out it would be big money. Most of it going to non-profits from all over. The rest of it going to my non-profit (instead of business). I figure I, and not the organization, would own the site though so that when somebody wants to buy it for $400 million it's go time.

youcaring isn't.

I'd actually never heard of youcaring. I'll go check it out right now.

Semi-true. If it worked out it would be big money. Most of it going to non-profits from all over. The rest of it going to my non-profit (instead of business). I figure I, and not the organization, would own the site though so that when somebody wants to buy it for $400 million it's go time.

Your client acquisition in a crowded crowd funding space would be your biggest hurdle.  If your idea was really great, it would probably take an investor to give you enough money to market and acquire customers.

Website targeting/driving clients is a tough business.

Your client acquisition in a crowded crowd funding space would be your biggest hurdle.  If your idea was really great, it would probably take an investor to give you enough money to market and acquire customers.

Website targeting/driving clients is a tough business.

This is the type of stuff that's scary to me. Haven't had much experience with that sort of thing in my 12 years as an elementary school PE teacher / youth sports league administrator.

I know the plan would be to get youth sports leagues and school PTAs to sign up (no cost and no risk to them) and they would be the ones who are driving the "customers".

Archived