Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know a good patent attorney?

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Off topic, sorry, but I wonder if the cost to patent something has become a barrier to innovation?

I have a friend, who has pretty creative idea for a product, low-cost but the cost to patent is too high. His wife is an attorney, but not a patent attorney. 

Off topic, sorry, but I wonder if the cost to patent something has become a barrier to innovation?

I have a friend, who has pretty creative idea for a product, low-cost but the cost to patent is too high. His wife is an attorney, but not a patent attorney.

That's where I am too. Leaning toward trying to navigate the patent process myself, then hoping I don't miss something and get sued later.

That's where I am too. Leaning toward trying to navigate the patent process myself, then hoping I don't miss something and get sued later.

Being sued shouldn't be your concern.  Not correctly patenting your idea and protecting your IP would be the issue.

Well maybe somebody will know if this even patentable... Just an idea. It's an enhancement to a type of web based platform.

That's really vague and probably useless. Ok, like an add on to fundraising sites like gofundme, etc. that I'm pretty sure would greatly increase the number of customers and the amount of money that each customer brings in on average.

Archived