Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Redskins Release Robert Griffin III And Jason Hatcher

Well I seen this day coming since we traded for Rob, sad day for my organization, hopefully we now have the right football minds running the ship! HTTR!!

It is too bad. Had MS not broken him, who knows how it might have gone. But he did and now he is going to be elsewhere. I wish Robert the very best. Houston looks like the best place for him. But he could also end up with either the 49ers and dip Kelly, or rams with the QB killer fisher - the NFLs most over-rated HC!

With Young and Knighton also gone anybody how much cap they are working with?

Young & Pot Roast don't count as they are unsigned free agents. Spotrac shows cap space for the Top 51 at about $20.6M and about $14.6M for all. However these are estimates and do not include either Colt's or Foster's numbers. Colt has a three year deal and Foster has a two year contract. 

Details haven't been released but I could see McCoy landing somewhat north of $2M this year.

Young & Pot Roast don't count as they are unsigned free agents. Spotrac shows cap space for the Top 51 at about $20.6M and about $14.6M for all. However these are estimates and do not include either Colt's or Foster's numbers. Colt has a three year deal and Foster has a two year contract. 

Details haven't been released but I could see McCoy landing somewhat north of $2M this year.

Thanks

Update on Colt (per Spotrac): 3 years/$9M

$1.8M signing bonus - $200k per year roster bonus - salary of $1M this year and $2.8M each of the next two years.

Only the signing bonus is guaranteed. He'll pocket $3M this year but will hit the cap @ only $1.8M. McCoy got $1.5M for 2015 so this really isn't costing the Redskins much more this year.

$3M (salary + roster bonus) against the cap in 2017 and again in 2018. If released after this year but before 2017 the Skins would eat $1.2M in dead money but get back $6M in salary and roster bonuses.

Pretty sweet deal all around on this. Obviously no player is a lock to make the team but I don't see him not making the roster this year. After that, nothing is guaranteed so they could always restructure after this season.

Just a guess but it looks like Washington has their eyes on a rookie QB this year and see if he develops enough to step in at backup next year or two. If something happens to Cousins they have pretty cheap insurance.

Hail Johns - I love the way Scot has these contracts structured. Very team friendly. McCoy will be here I think as long as Jay is most likely. It looks like he has embraced his role as a back-up. If the QB is the most important player on the team then the back-up is the second most important. Good to have some experience there.

Did you see Goldston's contract?: "Kedric Golston signed a 1 year, $1,005,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including an average annual salary of $1,005,000. In 2016, Golston will earn a base salary of $985,000 and a roster bonus of $20,000. Golston has a cap hit of $620,000."

He has to make the team as none of it's guaranteed. No promises there. Again he really shouldn't when you are the worst player on a bad line. But the contract may actually make it more attractive to keep him even if his play does not warrant keeping him. He is basically getting the veteran minimum and as such we get a discount on the cap hit (hence the $620k cap hit with a $1.005M contract).

Again though, this is a very team friendly contract. Go Scot go!! 

Archived