Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 Takeaways: Redskins Lose To Patriots

Your and my opinions are just that opinions, and nothing more. Opinions are not something to defend or defeat but something to build on. One should justify them if they can and if not adjust them, they are after all opinions until they are proven, and it doesn't make any difference what you are say about them.

As far me being wrong, I have been there before and will probably be there again. However, there is only 1 true fact in football - for the Redskins it is a won-lost record of 3-5. That says all you need to know about this team. - winning is still everything.

In any case, there is no reason for me to continue in this unenjoyable confrontational mode as this unenlightening form of conversation doesn't fit that well with sports -  bye for now. I will check back in in a year or two and check for improvement, I am just not ready for more Polo stuff.

Look winning is everything but lets be real here now. You have to be able to ride a bike, have to be conditioned to ride it 20 miles before you can win a bike race against Lance Armstrong! So at some point you have to realize when "winning is everything". At this point we are in no position to be able to grade our team or progress just by wins and losses.  

We all have our views and we are all right and wrong at some point. We are all Redskin fans and calling a fair debate "polo stuff" is not needed nor wanted by many:)

Your and my opinions are just that opinions, and nothing more. Opinions are not something to defend or defeat but something to build on. One should justify them if they can and if not adjust them, they are after all opinions until they are proven, and it doesn't make any difference what you are say about them.

As far me being wrong, I have been there before and will probably be there again. However, there is only 1 true fact in football - for the Redskins it is a won-lost record of 3-5. That says all you need to know about this team. - winning is still everything.

In any case, there is no reason for me to continue in this unenjoyable confrontational mode as this unenlightening form of conversation doesn't fit that well with sports -  bye for now. I will check back in in a year or two and check for improvement, I am just not ready for more Polo stuff.

Sorry you see it as "polo stuff' or/and confrontational. I do not see it as either. Just two rabid fans with very different ideas. I will note that the "polo" stuff was name calling, threatening people and their families, horrible language, talking down to people and generally berating them.

If that's really what you think I have done, then I am truly sorry. But I just don't see it that way, not even close. So at this point I am not sure what else there is to say but HTTR!!  

Go & Back, relax fellas. We're talking about opinions here, everyone has a right to one, no need to take it personal... Our record is 3-5, which means we are not good. Unfortunately, I believe that is a true depiction of our current skill level. But on the flip side, we have some pieces in place to build in the future. Not to mention one of the best GMs and OL coaches in the league.  

Back- You were commenting all off-season and I believe your prediction was 6 or 7 wins... So, why are you all up in arms now when we're actually on pace for your prediction? This is the season we all foresaw, but obviously we were hoping for something special to come together. It didn't happen (yet?), but that's no reason to leave. 

Go- I always appreciate your enthusiastic optimism, but your point about the injuries being the reason for our bad play is not fair; every team is dealing with them. Example: the Pats had only one starter on their OL last week, including a backup TE starting at right tackle, but that didn't stop them from running the ball down our throat. I believe our offense could be fine with Cousins for the next few years if the run game can work just a little bit, but our D is just not cutting it. It all starts with our front 7. We had high hopes for that group and I don't think they could have been much more disappointing. I was about to name the guys struggling and I found myself naming just about all of them. Barry could also be a bit of an issue with his lack-of-blitz calls.

My point is that when the D is ranked almost dead last, there's only a select few QBs who can lead their team and overcome that (one of them will be in DC this weekend). Look at Flacco, Eli, Russell Wilson- all looked like golden boys and got big contracts after SB winning seasons... Now it's becoming obvious that without good run games and great Ds, they are nothing more than average. This is much more of a team game than many people and the media portray it to be.

Go & Back, relax fellas. We're talking about opinions here, everyone has a right to one, no need to take it personal... Our record is 3-5, which means we are not good. Unfortunately, I believe that is a true depiction of our current skill level. But on the flip side, we have some pieces in place to build in the future. Not to mention one of the best GMs and OL coaches in the league.  

Back- You were commenting all off-season and I believe your prediction was 6 or 7 wins... So, why are you all up in arms now when we're actually on pace for your prediction? This is the season we all foresaw, but obviously we were hoping for something special to come together. It didn't happen (yet?), but that's no reason to leave. 

Go- I always appreciate your enthusiastic optimism, but your point about the injuries being the reason for our bad play is not fair; every team is dealing with them. Example: the Pats had only one starter on their OL last week, including a backup TE starting at right tackle, but that didn't stop them from running the ball down our throat. I believe our offense could be fine with Cousins for the next few years if the run game can work just a little bit, but our D is just not cutting it. It all starts with our front 7. We had high hopes for that group and I don't think they could have been much more disappointing. I was about to name the guys struggling and I found myself naming just about all of them. Barry could also be a bit of an issue with his lack-of-blitz calls.

My point is that when the D is ranked almost dead last, there's only a select few QBs who can lead their team and overcome that (one of them will be in DC this weekend). Look at Flacco, Eli, Russell Wilson- all looked like golden boys and got big contracts after SB winning seasons... Now it's becoming obvious that without good run games and great Ds, they are nothing more than average. This is much more of a team game than many people and the media portray it to be.

The difference in the injuries or back up players comes down to talent and being in the system and playing along side of the other  players. Having some continuity with the guys next to you goes a long way and with this team we have gotten guys off the street and they are playing in a week or two ...look it's happening again at the CENTER position this week possibly.... We have a lack of depth/talent and are pulling in players off the street to try to better ourselves in games right away...The pats have not done that by your comparison above, that my friend is a BIG difference !  

I am totally fine although I don't appreciate being called "polo" but I will certainly not lose any sleep over it. 

Yes, we are still losing. But I chose to look for signs of things that are positive because I want to win. I refuse to turn negative on everything and just say win or **** the whole team. That's just me. I realize others are different. That's fine for them but I will not go there, period.

To your point I would agree the injury thing would not normally be an issue but we are just not a deep team. The reason it hurts a team like ours is we are not a good team to start with. And we are just not that deep. NE has a very good team around them. Also many of their back-ups would be starters on other teams where a lot of our back-ups should probably have a job in the private sector and will  once we let them go. Also, please don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that is whole problem by any means. But it is a contributing factor and has to be taken into account.

So many people see things totally black or white (I am talking metaphorically not skin color...) where I see them as grey. Nothing is directly one persons fault or benefit. There are always a combination of things. And again, I try to see the good on things not dwell on the negative. I am really Ok with people being the opposite. Hell 90% of the world is the opposite so I am quite used to being alone in my opinion. But to start taking it personally and associating me with someone as vile as polo is just not fair. But again if that's someone's perception then they should not correspond with me. I am not changing who I am for them that's for sure.  

Did you guys see we have 5 guys on the team that are rated the worst at their position?

Leichtensteiger

Keenan Robinson

Riley

Goldson(Safety)

Trenton Robinson

Gee whiz, these guys aren't terrible players but for the 1st half they are.

There is an article posted in the Stadium about it. I read part of it, but you have to keep in mind it's PFF. They are about as agenda driven as they come. Their "scoring" is mostly BS since it comes down their interpretation.

But still, you can't deny we have some players that really need to step it up or move on. Next year I expect a pretty turnover in personnel.

Archived