Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9/21: Redskins Make Roster Moves

Well Amerson is done chasing WRs in DC. Too bad, I think just about everyone was hoping he'd pull it together. Will he get another gig? Probably not...but there is Atlanta's home for wayward Redskins...

And guess whose back?

Kearse...He now has own personal revolving door installed.

hailmary - 'LIKE'

Sorry, exceeded my 'Like' quota for the day. Maybe the week. Maybe the year. 

Don't know why there is a quota but maybe it has to do with storage capacity for the board. Someone more technically inclined (pretty much anyone) could answer.

Amerson certainly has the physical tools to get the job done but like you said couldn't wrap his head around it. Got suspended for a game because he was late to practice. Never really studied enough it seems.

Per Rich Tandler:

"Some of his issues stemmed from missed assignments. A one-game suspension for being late to practice fed into the perception that he needs to take his job more seriously."

link (from Mar 21, 2015): http://realredskins.com/2015/03/21/need-to-know-quick-hits-what-are-the-redskins-plans-for-david-amerson/

Amerson must be a dumbass if he couldn't see that they relegated Griffin to 3rd string and deactivated him on game day. I read a byline last year that named him as one of the guys who tried to sleep during meetings. I've been self-employed for the last 36 years but before that I would never fall asleep while I'm getting instructions on my employers dime. What made him think he was more valuable than Griffin? I had high-ish hopes for him to pan out but if the greater football minds says he's done then he's done.

I commend McCloughan and Gruden for clearing out the dead wood.

I commend McCloughan and Gruden for clearing out the dead wood.

I like Jay, but in fairness, this is clearly a Scot trait and I think he is teaching Jay. Either way I could not agree more, fish or cut bait! Amerson for whatever reason did not want to put the time in.

I saw Oakland picked him up off waivers!!  LOL   I am surprised. To this point I really felt Oakland was a lot like us and were starting to make good football decisions. they must be desperate to kick Amerson's tires!

Archived