Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will there be a breakout game this season?

NoCalMike

I know the board now seems pretty split on Spurrier and the offensive scheme etc.....I am just wondering does anyone think that the team will accomplish that breakout game, like 35 or more points with ease? Also do you fell our offense is going to just CLICK one game and will have a smooth ride from there on out, or is it really gonna be AS SLOW a process as it seems to currently be?

I think we will definately have that breakout game. That doesn't mean that it will turn our year around and we will win out or anything. But I have this feeling that we will finally get things to click for more than a quarter.

Hopefully it will come before the Chicago game but if not then maybe there. Possible, miami or new york. no offense Tom.

One reason I ask, is because when you look at the gamefilm, often times it seems like blocks are mere inches from being correct. It is not like the RBs have no clue what to do(most of the time). I see some SMALL differences our offense can make that will seemingly go a long way.

I could see us putting another game or two together where our offense clicks.

Keep in mind, other than the first quarter, we had a "breakout" game vs. Atlanta. We scored 33 points and the O was NICE. I don't think our next big game will turn the season around or anything but we'll have some highlights...we're not going to go 3-13 IMO.

We already had our breakout game - the second half of the Tampa Bay game. Since then we have played up to that level - just like everyone though would happen when we were playing only a quarter of good football a week.

I now wear my Skins hat every day like a badge of shame - people look at me like I just got back from 'nam.

Archived