Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is Why Snyder is the Problem

StevieInferior

Smith had refrained from any criticism of the coaching staff before today. And he didn't rip them. But two no comments were mighty telling.

The first came when asked if Spurrier had lost the the players. The second came when he was asked if the coaching staff was overmatched in the NFL.

Don't forget, Smith played a leading role in paving the way for Marty Schottenheimer's departure. And, after the game, Smith talked with owner Dan Snyder in the trainer's room. I don't know what they talked about and Smith was in there to get treatment. But certain topics were bound to arise.

the fact that the owner has favorites on the team who influences his decision making is scarey. No coach, not even Bill Parcells himself, would be able to right this ship unless Snyder lets the coaches have authority over the players with owner support.

It's ridiculous. There's so much of that crap going on around here where I work and it's a sinking ship most of the time. No player should be able to influence the the team. Only the coach should be able to do that.

Our team is doomed. Man, this is depressing.

On the other hand, maybe Snyder was just genuinely concerned with Bruce Smith's treatment.

If Spurrier has a pair he confronts Snyder on this. smith is being a cancer and not producing. so what is the reason to keep him. So cut him. if Snyder overrules him, fine. Play Snyder at his own game, have one of your buddies leak the fact the Snyder over ruled him and make Snyder go through more media trashing. They were saying in the Times today that Snyder truely is affected by the media coverage.

First off the fact that you said "fact" is wrong. You can say speculate, but you can't say fact. You don't know what was said and you don't know what they talked about. As far as you know Snyder was talking to him about his health. You can also bet, that Smith was whining about his playing time. You can Speculate all you want. And how is that Bruce Smith played any leading roles in Shott's departure, I thought Shott's departure was based on him not giving up control of the team. But hell, I can read between the lines as well as you, but not necessarily come to the same conclusions.

This is asinine

For one thing B Smith at worst has only 8 games remaining as a skin and more than likely if there was a player that help us (thank god) get rid of Marty FRANKLY schot for brains it would have been Mr Redskin Darrell green.

Get off Snyder's jock

just because the aunt got a gift certificate to sizzlers from danny instead of dollars for a Xmas bonus is no reason for the consistent I hate our owner BS

Smith is a non-issue at this point. Whether he gets his stupid record or not is not something that keeps me up late at night :)

In fact I am really sick and tired of hearing about a record that only belongs to Washington in the most tangential sense possible.

Smith is now and always will be considered a Bill.

For anyone to get worked up over what he has to say or what is going on in his silly little head now is just stupid.

Smith is a bitter old man who is desperate to break a record which he feels will somehow validate his failure to win a Super Bowl in 4 tries.

I can save him the trouble. It won't :D

Archived