Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bloodborne Thread - Strategy/Tips/etc.

Dont Taze Me Bro

Kirkhammer is cool, but I hate it.  Too slow.  Beat the Cleric Beast, was happy.  I've noticed that if you farm an area and stack up on stats like vitality and strength, when you farm low levels, their vitality seems to increase too.

I was to a point where I could one shot most of them on a charged attack.  Then after boosting STR and VIT about 5 each, it was taking 2-3 hits sometimes.  Kind of annoying.  

Should I farm for 10K souls and get the first key?

Kirkhammer is cool, but I hate it. Too slow. Beat the Cleric Beast, was happy. I've noticed that if you farm an area and stack up on stats like vitality and strength, when you farm low levels, their vitality seems to increase too.

I was to a point where I could one shot most of them on a charged attack. Then after boosting STR and VIT about 5 each, it was taking 2-3 hits sometimes. Kind of annoying.

I bought the key and fought amelia before blood-stained beast. I would say just wait on the key and fight BSB since its wayyyy easier to deal with than Amelia.

Also, if u beat the first boss and need blood vials then go to the bridge and fight those wolf things and the few Giants that are close. They all drop multiple ones. :)

Kirkhammer is cool, but I hate it. Too slow. Beat the Cleric Beast, was happy. I've noticed that if you farm an area and stack up on stats like vitality and strength, when you farm low levels, their vitality seems to increase too.

I was to a point where I could one shot most of them on a charged attack. Then after boosting STR and VIT about 5 each, it was taking 2-3 hits sometimes. Kind of annoying.

Check your weapons durability. Make sure it's not in need of repair. Also, are you using weapon that scales with STR?

I bought the key and fought amelia before blood-stained beast. I would say just wait on the key and fight BSB since its wayyyy easier to deal with than Amelia.

Also, if u beat the first boss and need blood vials then go to the bridge and fight those wolf things and the few Giants that are close. They all drop multiple ones. :)

I've taken down CB, FG, BSB and the Witch of Hemwick so far but Amelia is a pain in the ass. Have you encountered the Hunter that shows up at the Tomb of Odeon after talking to the NPC you first meet near the top of the sewers?

Check your weapons durability. Make sure it's not in need of repair. Also, are you using weapon that scales with STR? 

It's the double axe and now the kirkhammer. I did notice that before I sold it, the double axe was worn.  But the kirkhammer is brand new and it seems to suck compared to the double axe.

But, not thinking, I sold my double axe to the vendor for blood echos.

5 bosses down (killed Vicar Amelia this morning) but I have no idea where to go now.  Time to do some exploring around Grand Cathedral.  The Vicar Amelia fight triggered the day/night cycle.  Enemy placement and strength seem to have changed based on that.

It's the double axe and now the kirkhammer. I did notice that before I sold it, the double axe was worn.  But the kirkhammer is brand new and it seems to suck compared to the double axe.

But, not thinking, I sold my double axe to the vendor for blood echos.

What do your stats currently look like?  Have you killed Cleric Beast yet?

5 bosses down (killed Vicar Amelia this morning) but I have no idea where to go now.  Time to do some exploring around Grand Cathedral.  The Vicar Amelia fight triggered the day/night cycle.  Enemy placement and strength seem to have changed based on that.

What do your stats currently look like?  Have you killed Cleric Beast yet?

Yeah, I beat the Cleric Beast last night.  Rolling with the kirkhammer and Yharnam gear.  Level 25, stats are:

Insight - 4

Vitality - 20

Endurance - 14

Strength - 17

Skill - 10

Bloodtinge - 7

Arcane - 7

What would a "Souls" game be without a Valley of Defilement / Blightown? The Forbidden Woods and the snakes that inhabit it can go straight to hell.

Yeah, I beat the Cleric Beast last night. Rolling with the kirkhammer and Yharnam gear. Level 25, stats are:

Insight - 4

Vitality - 20

Endurance - 14

Strength - 17

Skill - 10

Bloodtinge - 7

Arcane - 7

I would start dumping points into endurance. You're going to need the stamina.

I finally beat the Cleric Beast. I wish I had more time to play this game. I could play all day, I love it. I was just grinding through Central to get used to the controls. My dodge and strike is on point now.

So after doing some reading I am guessing I need to go retrieve the Tiny Music Box and go fight Father Gascoigne. No need to grind for 10k souls and get the key, correct? I explored the sewers last night and retrieved the saw spear. A fun, fast weapon, but won't beat my Hunter Axe. I also find the other hunter.

By the way, in my reading I found that you don't actually have to fight the Cleric Beast to move the story forward.

I finally beat the Cleric Beast. I wish I had more time to play this game. I could play all day, I love it. I was just grinding through Central to get used to the controls. My dodge and strike is on point now.

So after doing some reading I am guessing I need to go retrieve the Tiny Music Box and go fight Father Gascoigne. No need to grind for 10k souls and get the key, correct? I explored the sewers last night and retrieved the saw spear. A fun, fast weapon, but won't beat my Hunter Axe. I also find the other hunter.

By the way, in my reading I found that you don't actually have to fight the Cleric Beast to move the story forward.

You can find the Tiny Music Box by talking to the little girl (behind boarded up window) near one of the Sewer exits.  You can use it in your fight against Father Gascoigne to stun him for a short period of time but don't over use it or he'll transform much earlier in the fight.

Make sure you read the item descriptions.  You'll be able to piece together much of the lore that way.

Example:

The girl asks you to find her mother when she give you the Music Box.  Here's the description on it:

"A small music box received from a young Yharnam girl.  Plays a song shared by her mother and father. Inside the lid is a small scrap of paper, perhaps an old message. Two names can be made out, however faintly, Viola and Gascoigne."  

Father Gascoigne, whom you have to kill, is the girl's father.  You will also find her mother's corpse where you fight him.

I know a few people that bypassed the Cleric Beast altogether and ended up fighting Father Gascoigne first.  But where's the fun in that?!?

****ing Father Gascoigne...........so, just gonna load up on stats until I can beat him. Question. What is a better weapon than the kirkhammer, really not liking that too much. I can get the saw cleaver, saw spear, hunter axe, threaded cane.

I've been rolling with the Saw Spear as it scales nicely with Skill. You might consider the Hunter Axe until you unlock Ludwig's Holy Blade which had a 'B' in both Strength and Skill once it's at +5.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Ludwig%27s+Holy+Blade

I've been rolling with the Saw Spear as it scales nicely with Skill. You might consider the Hunter Axe until you unlock Ludwig's Holy Blade which had a 'B' in both Strength and Skill once it's at +5.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Ludwig%27s+Holy+Blade

Yeah, I went back to the hunters axe and its lovely.  I missed it so much and the combos are easier, imo.

My favorite thing so far is the people playing who are new to Souls...

...when they find out this is the easiest game in the series.

:)

That would be Dark Souls 2.  The over abundance of bonfires trivialized the risk that's usually associated with exploration.

I was feeling really confident until Father Gascoigne. He was fast and came at me hard. I gave up after that last night.

I am still trying to get the Visceral Attack down. It is either parry an enemy in attack animation with a gun or a charged attack(R2) and then R1 correct? I have seen a few animations on youtube, but don't think I have been doing it right.  

I can get Father G down to 50 pretty easy, then after the transformation to the beast creature, I get owned.  Now I haven't been using my gun at all, just two handed weapon and molotov ****tails.  

One thing I've noticed about Father G in human form, you can run up the staircase and get a small break to heal up, toss a firebomb down at him, hit the music box to stun him.

You can only stun him 3 times with the music box and then he will transform, do it too early and he will transform with a lot of health.  And you can only stun the beast once, so after that, switch back to firebombs.  I just bought back the double axe (not sure why I sold it in the first place) and farmed some echos to get more str, vit and endurance.

Run to the left as soon as you enter the fight against Father Gascoigne and use the tree and headstones to keep some distance between you and him.  You can chip away at him from there without being overwhelmed.  Once he transforms, he can destroy the headstones so you have to go on the defensive.  Roll towards him when he jumps at you and you can get an R2 attack off before having to retreat.  Try to stay from his sides as his side kick is devastating.  

Beat Father G last night. Took about 7 or 8 tries. Now in Old Yarham. You get a lot of bloodstones and gems in this area. I am really loving this game the further I get. Don't forget to talk to Alfred before you go under the tomb. He can help you fight the Blood Starved Beast.

The lore in this game is pretty cool. If you really start to explore and read all the items descriptions it gets pretty in depth. I think there is actually a pretty good story here, but the game doesn't come out right and tell you.

Archived