Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art speak

eboyer

Originally posted by Pharaoh Ramsey

just let the guy talk. If Art said that stuff, who cares? None of us expected this. The Redskins stink. A lot of people are happy to see this. Let it be.

Whatever man.

Look, it's one thing if this guy comes on here for a respectable debate...

Cool. No problem.

But he's throwing out these names, 'idiot,' and what not, and you expect us to just 'let the guy talk?' Man, this site is great, and I can't really bring myself to listen to some f*ckface talk sh*t about these moderators.

That's all I'm saying. Have some respect.

Even Bill Parcels hugs Spurrier.

Did I say that? Boy do I feel stupid. :rolleyes:

I never said it was impossible, just silly to predict. But, you know, just to give you future ammo I'll say even NOW predicting the Cowboys to go 5-1 in the division is a bit ballsy. Maybe not downright silly, though.

So store that away and enjoy, ok? :)

:lol:

What you stated was just your opinion and it was not said in a hateful way. Also, it wasn't me predicting a 5-1 division record, I though the Eagles would still be an elite team. I just ran across it will re-reading some of the Artism's. I meant it when I said you don't deserve to be called out. I have enjoyed debating with you here and on our forum.

Perhaps Art will be a little more respectfull in the future.....Ya, right! :lol:

Originally posted by Griff

Art doesn't just name call for no good reason, he is much more intelligent than that. I would like to see that thread myself.

Have your forum moderators give me back my search rights and I will be happy to show you.......

Here's the thread in question. It was actually at times a very good discussion/debate. Found it interesting who fired the first shot across the Cowboys fans bow. Eboyer, I'm not going to get into a he started battle here. Simply put though, you are as guilty as the next in the patronizing, name calling game.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28685&highlight=Nonsensical

Very....very..long thread.

The problem, eboyer, is that we know Art better than you do. We know he doesn't preemptively shotgun people, even the basest trolls, without provocation. We also know that he sure as hell doesn't shrink from a battle when someone keeps pushing.

Fact is, you're pissing in the wind here, bro. Your team is better than ours right now .. but you are just acting like a putz and making it abundantly clear that Art was right on the money about some things all along.

Originally posted by Om

The problem, eboyer, is that we know Art better than you do. We know he doesn't preemptively shotgun people, even the basest trolls, without provocation. We also know that he sure as hell doesn't shrink from a battle when someone keeps pushing.

Fact is, you're pissing in the wind here, bro. Your team is better than ours right now .. but you are just acting like a putz and making it abundantly clear that Art was right on the money about some things all along.

Touche OM

Originally posted by eboyer

Have your forum moderators give me back my search rights and I will be happy to show you.......

Here are your rights:

You have the right to keep your head in your ass.

...wait, that's your only right. I guess that's what becomes of poeple who personally criticize the moderators.

Oh, and still waiting for you to suck a fart out of my ass!

:moon:

You're probably getting good practice w/ your current position!

Well, here was my contribution to that thread:

'I don't know about the rest of you, but I am optimistic that for the first time in a long while, the Skins will be HUNGRY this year. Now thats a word that hasn't been attributed to the Skins (unless you were talking about Sean Gilbert or Tre at Golden Corral) in a long long while. Not to sound 'Art-like' (btw...where in the hell is Art these days!!!!), but I have a 'feeling' that the 2003 Redskins might have some surprizes in store. I will go on record now with a bold prediction, that its Dallas and the Giants that give us the most competition, not Philly. Big letdown year for Philly coming up.'

I had it half right. The Skins certainly did have some 'surprises' in store! Oh, and eboyer, anytime you want to start that thread THANKING me for giving the Cowboys early respect, I'll be ready and waiting!

Originally posted by jbooma

I may not agree with how Eboyer is bringing this up but if Art did say this then he should be able to defend or apoligize for what he said. A man should live by his own words it is simple as that.

It really has nothing to to with being wrong. It has everything to do with the manner in which he waged this argument. Reading back through that thread I twice politely asked Art to show some maturity when debating me.

If that is what you expect from moderators then I have no problem calling him out. You guys want to call me a troll but it is actually Art who was trolling.

A troll is somebody that tries to hijack the forum away from meaningful debate. That is precisely what he was doing, I merely extended it.

Originally posted by jbooma

As a typical dallas fan you are talking out of your a$$ before even thinking about what you say.

Let see Spurrier did go 7-9 his first year without a starting QB, 1 WR, a RB that didn't fit the system, and no OL to save the crappy qb's lifes.

Andy Reid went, oh my 5-11 his first season, very impressive.

Fossil actually did pretty well 10-5-1 his first season, can't complain there.

Your boy Parcells went 3-12-1 in his first season, hmm not bad. He should pray he gets Dallas to that record this year.

So after only one year in the league he had outperformed 2 other coaches. Before you bash Spurrier lets see how he does this year mouth ;)

Then start defending or apologizing jbooma. I provided the link to the thread. I've read a bunch of it. What Art said took place way late in the conversation. This after eboyer questioned Art's maturity and reading comprehension, (didn't I say I wasn't going to do this? :doh: ). Be that as it may,there is one thing to remember here. I've stated this before, Art, if anything, deserves at least the benefit of the doubt here. Not just as mod, but as a fellow poster here on Extreme. We fight amongst our selves, but unless under the worst of cicumstances, (which these aren't), we take care of our own. He may not need it, but one thing I don't do is leave anyone hanging out to dry when a classless, name calling troll from another team's board comes calling.

jbooma...Art ALSO said multiple times that it was obvious ANYTHING was possible, and it was quite possible Dallas would sweep us and surprise this year. But eboy wasn't interested in posting those quotes, was he?

Read Blade's post. If you want to come back and post a civil 'guess I was right all along' (ignoring how pathetic the need to do that is), there are classy ways to do so.

As it stands, it just looks like another Dallas flamer stopping by to kick the crippled old dog on the porch.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Then start defending or apologizing jbooma. I provided the link to the thread. I've read a bunch of it. What Art said took place way late in the conversation. This after eboyer questioned Art's maturity and reading comprehension, (didn't I say I wasn't going to do this? :doh: ). Be that as it may,there is one thing to remember here. I've stated this before, Art, if anything, deserves at least the benefit of the doubt here. Not just as mod, but as a fellow poster here on Extreme. We fight amongst our selves, but unless under the worst of cicumstances, (which these aren't), we take care of our own. He may not need it, but one thing I don't do is leave anyone hanging out to dry when a classless, name calling troll from another team's board comes calling.

Exactly PCS.

WORD TO THE MOTHASHIP.

Originally posted by bulldog

it's a shame you didn't come on the board after the 27-13 loss to the Falcons in the opener, because then you were probably scared the Cowboys were going to end up 2-14, right? :laugh:

no one respects a guy that piles on a bandwagon that is already full :D

Why? I am responding to what Art said because the season is now 50% finished. This is the time of the year when you start to get a real idea what any given team is all about.

This is not gloating about beating you yesterday. I did not mention that game once. This is about Art making the most ridiculous statements and me calling him for it.

Nobody else would see this kind of venom from me when they are wrong. Art refused to treat me with any kind of respect when we argued........

I was wrong about what I said, big deal but this is between Art and Eboyer. You guys take everything a bit to personal over here. I mentioned I didn't agree with how Eboyer brought it up, and yes I don't like when people on our site get attacked.

The question I have is it fair for people to attack an outside poster if they don't know the entire story?? That is all I was trying to say.

I will say I am so impressed with Parcels. I was dead wrong about the guy and maybe the time working at ESPN made him an even better HC. The fact he is winning with the same team as last year and looking at the other teams in the NFC anything is possible.

How very dishonest of you......

my first post, very civil....:

From what I was seeing Noble and Nix got 50% of the snaps which would mean they were roughly equivilent wouldn't you say? Why was Nix getting equal playing time if he wasn't equal in ability? Noble had an extra year in the league. Could that be why he got the start even though their was nothing distinguishable about his game compared to the other guy.

Noble was a good signing for the price but you need to be realistic. The only reason you signed him is you needed somebody to start and didn't have the cap space to really spend much on that position. If you had the space you either wouldn't of lost your starter or would of signed somebody else that does more then occupy space. Of course, if you were to draft your own DL from time to time you could let a guy like Noble leave because he is nothing special. Since the skins are such failures at actually developing DL talent did they just got smart and decide to quit trying?

What I don't understand is how you can think the Skins have so much more talent when each year there is only a few games that seperate our teams and Dallas always looks very competitive when playing the skins. How could a Campo coached team produce a mere 2 fewer wins then the talent infested Spurrier coached squad? If the talent difference was what you claim it was then these matchups would look more like the Dallas-Eagles games.

Art's first reply:

Typical of a Cowboy fan, Eboyer, but, perhaps you can help me out in understanding you better. Why is it that in order to make a point you have to write it in fiction first?

Only a Cowboy fan could make a straight-faced case that the guys not good enough to play ahead of Noble for two years are somehow better.

my response:

I would be happy to help you out if you can show enough maturity to not make generalizations of Cowboys fans while asking me to clarify my post.

his next response was much better to which I reply:

]quote]First I appreciate the improved civility in your tone. I did not register to this forum to disrupt discussion or troll around in any manner. I understand as Cowboys and Redskins fans we are "arch enemies" but that shouldn't interfere with a minimal amount of civility.

and his response of:

Again, Eboyer, the reason for any incivility would be your own blind ignorance.

Good Lord, eboyer ... THAT thread is what has kept you up nights for three months?

Dude, all due respect, but if the exchanges in that little softshoe were enough to drive you to the angst you've displayed here today, maybe the porch is a better place for you to hang when the big dogs are out.

Sheesh.

Eboyer--are you so obtuse that you can't see how unbelievably condescending your tone is? I'm pretty sure Art's mocking and vitrol were in response to your talking to him like he was a 3 year old. If you are going to be so sensitive to and traumatized by a little ribbing, maybe you should be more concerned with how you sound as well.

And if I sound like a unbearably condescending prick...well...now you know what it's like having to read your drivel.

Originally posted by Om

Good Lord, eboyer ... THAT thread is what has kept you up nights for three months?

Dude, all due respect, but if the exchanges in that little softshoe were enough to drive you to the angst you've displayed here today, maybe the porch is a better place for you to hang when the big dogs are out.

Sheesh.

No, he gets much more hateful and I eventually drop the nice guy charade as well. To this day I play nice with everybody here....except Art.

I have posted enough to show my original intentions were not to get into a pissing contest with Art. His intentions were clearly to troll the debate into a pssing contest. He eventually achieved his objective.

Archived