Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Utilities wage campaign against rooftop solar

Zguy28

I sent that "watchdog" article to my brother (who full disclosure works at Solarcity)

His laughter was all I heard for about 5 minutes.

Solar City has quite a robust process to make sure selling your property is incredibly painless with the solar panels on the home.

He compared it to what would happen if you have ADT in your home (a unit that you lease) and when you sell there. Happens all the time with no issues

Solar gets 1212 times the subsidies per megawatt hour, than fossil fuels[/size]

yeah...?   shouldn't that be "infinity" ?    why in the world would we be subsidizing fosil fuel megawats?

the correct comparison would be cost per MW, not subsidy per MW--- which is meaningless, except for the fact that it comes up with a very big number/ratio .....  by definition.

I sent that "watchdog" article to my brother (who full disclosure works at Solarcity)

His laughter was all I heard for about 5 minutes.

Solar City has quite a robust process to make sure selling your property is incredibly painless with the solar panels on the home.

He compared it to what would happen if you have ADT in your home (a unit that you lease) and when you sell there. Happens all the time with no issues

Do you call him Chuckles?  :P

http://www.city-data.com/forum/real-estate/2103031-seller-realtor-lied-us-regarding-solar-5.html

Your ADT system costs that much? 

If the new buyer doesn't want to sign a contract for solar system the option is?

yeah...?   shouldn't that be "infinity" ?    why in the world would we be subsidizing fosil fuel megawats?

the correct comparison would be cost per MW, not subsidy per MW--- which is meaningless, except for the fact that it comes up with a very big number/ratio .....  by definition.

well what some consider subsidies are not really.....such as power programs for the poor, or basic business deductions.

you want the levelized costs over the life of the systems or what?  :)

if you don't know the subsidy how do you calculate cost per MW?

if you don't know the subsidy how do you calculate cost per MW?

thats not cost, thats price.

we know that this technology requires subsidies to be cost competitive with fossil fuels....   we also know that those subsidies have contributed to significant enough scale increases to significantly move down the cost curve to the point that the subsidies required have declined rapidly.

... that was the POINT of the subsidies... right?  

Archived