Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Resetting 2014 Expectations

TD_washingtonredskins

I would rather see the thread entitled, Resetting the franchise expectations.  I would like Bruce Allen to post the following (or similar) 3 year plan and be judged based on his plan.

1. Commit to the draft - Improve the scouting department starting now, hire fresh upcoming young talent.  Improve success rate on high draft picks.
  2. Commit to the lines - Focus on drafting defense and offensive line talent.
  3. Focus on the 3 year plan, not winning each year.  Avoid high priced free agents and only sign young talent with focus on their role in the 3 year plan.
  4. Focus on improving the coaching staff, outside of the head coach.  I hear the Ravens are the only team in the league with a kicking coach, they always have good kickers.
  5. Out with the old.  Get rid of the losing coaches and players (i.e Haslett) and bring in fresh blood.
  6. Focus heavily on one aspect of the team.  Make sure offense, defense, or special teams is one of the best in the league.  You have to win in 2 of the 3 categories to win NFL games, keep an eye on making sure you always are the best in one category.

This is the only proper response^^^

Archived