Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Military Appreciation Day July 13th at FedEx Field

TK

AF3B365A-A458-42C1-AA4B-A164E0D8974F_zps

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins’ official military appreciation club, Redskins Salute, will host Military Appreciation Day for military service members and their families at FedExField on Sunday, July 13 from 12 – 4 p.m.

The free event will include exclusive giveaways, live entertainment, stadium tours and photo opportunities with the Super Bowl trophies, as well as meet-and-greets with Redskins players Darrel Young and Trent Murphy, Redskins alumni and a military-themed performance by the Redskins cheerleaders.

For more information on Military Appreciation Day or to register for the event, visit www.redskinssalute.com.

Under the leadership of owner Dan Snyder, the Washington Redskins created Redskins Salute to amplify the team’s decade-long military appreciation initiatives into one comprehensive, year-round platform. Launched in partnership with the USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore (USO-Metro), Redskins Salute is a free community providing a platform for fans to serve, support, thank and connect with military service members and their families.

Redskins Salute offers free events and programs designed to address needs in the areas of education, family services, health and wellness and post-service job creation. Eligibility for Redskins Salute includes all active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserves, and military veterans, from all branches in the U.S. military, as well as their family members. Eligible service members and their families can join free of charge by visiting www.redskinssalute.com.

Thanks for posting. I am a Navy retiree and my oldest daughter is now a pilot in the Navy.....just arrived home after a deployment.

Not sure I'd we will be able to make the trip to DC from va bch on Sunday but support this effort by my team. Just wish it was on sat vice sun....

Good event. A nice turnout. Plenty of free stuff along with cheerleaders, players....Trent Murphy, Darrel Young, Mark Mosley and Chris Cooley. My daughter and I were interviewed by Larry Michael. A lot of pics taken....

Thanks to the Redskins organization for showing support to our military.

Hopefully it turns into an annual event.  My daughter and I were on Redskins Nation tonight.....most of the interview did not make prime time, but my daughters response to a LM question did make the cut....so that was pretty cool. 

Archived