Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas fans: I TOLD YOU.

AkaD

Not only did you not score even a field goal, you only had like 150 yards of offense. :wave:

Now what exactly will you do when you have to play a team that's healthy? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

:lmao: :wavetowel :lmao:

Lates.

:dallasuck

I enjoyed watching the Cowboys get shut out as much as any Redskin Fan did. Hopefully our guys we get healthy this week and we can take something from the Tampa Bay Game plan to bid d next week. :asta:

I know the Tuna will have his team ready for next week though!

If there is one thing that history tells us about the Skins vs. Dallas, it's that our records during the season don't seem to affect the outcome of the game. Dallas has beaten us in some of our better seasons and we have beaten them in some of theirs. Both teams will really want this game and I think it's going to show next week.

Originally posted by RAC

If there is one thing that history tells us about the Skins vs. Dallas, it's that our records during the season don't seem to affect the outcome of the game. Dallas has beaten us in some of our better seasons and we have beaten them in some of theirs. Both teams will really want this game and I think it's going to show next week.

But will the Redskins be distracted by all the bye week goings-on?

Originally posted by AkaD

Nah, all we have to do is be consistent on offense and stop the run. The rest will fall into place.

I don't think so. When those guys hit the practice field this week they are going to be focused on next week's game. I don't think it's any secret that this is a big one and they will be sure to get in gear.

Always the epitome of class and dignity. :doh: Speaking of which, careful fellows. Whatever you do, don't mention Parcells. Wouldn't want to be accused of having "butt spatter" on your shirts or something appropriately witty like that now.

:cheers:

this is going to be a tough game to win. Dallas has good speed up front on defense and our line and protections have still not been solidified.

on the other side of the ball we still don't know about the health of Smoot and Bailey.

the Cowboys have 3 good receivers. they didn't look good today because the Bucs got great pressure from their front four, something you know we won't have :(

I'm actually glad we lost.

I now know we are going to paste you guys. That isn't even a question to me.

Amazing how losing to the desperate defending super bowl champions on the road makes you a fraud.

I didn't think our defense was a fraud, did you?

I am confident that you guys will not make a living against it.

I can't wait to talk smack after we beat you soundly.

Thanks.

Yep, the Dallas offense was humbled today. Bill Parcells keeps reminding his players not to buy the cheese and always tells the media that there is going to be a crisis before the season ends. This was one of those games, and I'm disappointed in how the Cowboys responded. They played flat in the second half, they acted like last year's 5-11 team, not a team wanting to prove itself.

There's a reason the Cowboys desperately tried to bring in another running back before the trade deadline. Hambrick is not a guy that will get you to the Super Bowl and the Buccs proved it. But worse was Quincy Carter's decision making today. That one interception he threw that Barber intercepted was classic 2002 Quincy Carter. Three men surrounding Galloway and he was the target. Go figure.

The Cowboys defense wasn't that bad, they played 2002 style. They were good but you'd never guess it with the amount of time Tampa Bay had the ball. 35 to 25 minutes and it's probably only that close because the Cowboys were so damn committed to the running game in the first half. Which is my only complaint besides the Cowboys playing like they had been slapped in the face the second half. I thought Parcells relied too much on the run. With so many starters missing in the Tampa Bay secondary, I would have gone to those 3 receivers instantly and tried to pick that cover 2 zone apart. He didn't really try it much until the second half when Tampa Bay could relax and play back and not worry about the run.

The Cowboys underrated the Buccs offense. They played the game almost like they did the Eagles game. Parcells kept his offense conservative and provided plenty of protection for Carter. But Tampa Bay is a much better offense. They're not Philly and the score was out of reach before the Cowboys realized it. I have much respect for Pittman now. I've always thought the Super Bowl game was a fluke but he keeps getting it done. Teams keep disrespecting him and he continues to pound the ball when his team needs it most.

I'm happy in a morbid way that Larry Allen was injured. When Tampa Bay started getting that great push with their tackles in the 3rd quarter I thought that Larry Allen maybe was done. McFarland was beating his men in the first half but in the second half, Sapp joined in on the fun. I don't know when Allen was injured but he was eventually taken out and it all went downhill from there. The Buccs defense was all over Quincy in the second half.

I'll say this, I think a Buccs win makes a Skins win tougher. The Cowboys get a wakeup call and cruise control is shut off. The Skins won't catch the Cowboys napping next week. It's a rebound game and the Cowboys are going to take to heart some of the disrespect they hear in the media about "real" opponents showing them where to stick it. This makes the Cowboys-Washington matchup a lot more exciting. It's a must win for the Skins if they're going to hang in the playoff race and Dallas must go to 6-2 instead of 5-3 to prove they're the real deal and a contender for the second half of the season.

The Tampa Bay defense showed up today. No excuses, the Buccs defense was 2002 today. They dominated the Cowboys offense. And the Cowboys pulled a deja vu with their offense. Bad game but it's going to happen. It's a team with three 5-11 seasons and with a 5-2 record, there's not much to sweat if Dallas can learn from this and improve. I can't wait until next week, both teams have something to prove. Gonna be a damn good battle hopefully.

Yeah, they basically did what we did with the eagles when their secondary was absent. And yes, their D did alright and held them to minimal points, but the lack of production on the other side of the ball turned it into a laugher. We should definitely take a good hard look at todays game tape and try to impliment some of the schemes that were succesful for Tampa. It won't be easy, but with consistency on offense and some defensive discipline we should come out on top next week.

Hats off to the bucs. Their defense really shut down our O. Carter had a tough game, missing open WR's on a couple of throws. The OL played ok at times, horrible other times.

Our defense looked very good all game long, keeping us in the game. Almost all of the Bucs points came on turnovers. Missed FG and Coleman not falling on that fumble on the Bucs 20 really hurt.

Like I said though, the Bucs were clearly the better team today. At least I know we will be focused when the deadskins come to big D. See ya soon.

Originally posted by bulldog

how do you scheme to get the rush that Rice, McFarland and Sapp get? :laugh:

Exactly. The panthers and Bucs have an awesome front four. Schem all you want, neither our front 4 or yours can get after a QB like that.

We'll see. I think we have the personell to get into Dallas' backfield. We have the corners to cover one on one, and three bad ass LB's in Lavar, Armstead, and Trotter. We need to bring these guys in on downs that they have minimal protection and 3 wideouts. Of course, we need to create some turnovers early when doing this and get points from the turnovers, because Dallas will definitely adjust to this and retaliate with screens and short passes, but if we can get some points or decent field position from bringing it up the gut than we can show the blitz and bring it back to keep them from adjusting. It's all about succesful blitzes and timing them. If you wait until late to blitz alot you will get burned bad because they know you have to.

Originally posted by AkaD

Just because our D line isn't very good doesn't mean we can't outnumber them with blitzes and get into the backfield to wreak havoc. Read it again man.

You said that we have the personell to do it and then said that our D line isn't very good. If all you need is to outnumber them with blitzes then by that logic doesn't every team have the personnel to do it?

Archived