Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas fans: I TOLD YOU.

AkaD

Yep. It's all a matter of timing a blitz. If you can succesfully blitz with safeties and linebackers you can get to the quarterback without a good D line. The trick is to create turnovers or field position from it and get points off of them and then fake blitzes to counter-attack their adjustments. And no, not every team has the speed and power that we do with LB's.

Originally posted by AkaD

Yep. It's all a matter of timing a blitz. If you can succesfully blitz with safeties and linebackers you can get to the quarterback without a good D line. The trick is to create turnovers or field position from it and get points off of them and then fake blitzes to counter-attack their adjustments. And no, not every team has the speed and power that we do with LB's.

We have not successfully done this at all this season, I don't see why we should expect to see it now. Of course I will hope for the best but I also don't know that this is a realistic expectation.

If you can succesfully blitz with safeties and linebackers you can get to the quarterback without a good D line.

I did read it again...man.

Have you watched the 'Skins blitz??? DSo you watch the games or just like to talk about them?

:wtf:

So according to you, we should just give up on putting pressure on the quarterback and stick to what we do best....... let them throw all over us??? What kind of message does this send to our defensive players man??? We haven't been succesful at passing the ball deep alot too, so according to you all, we should just run it for three downs and punt huh? Come on man. We will get better at doing these things ONLY if we continue to work at it. You can't just give up on anything just because you haven't been great at it. I believe if we continue to try our best and mix up our blitzing schemes more we can be effective with them. Where's the team spirit in here? Are you with me?!?!?! Hahahaha!!!

:wtf:

So according to you, we should just give up on putting pressure on the quarterback and stick to what we do best....... let them throw all over us???

Nobody said that. We simply don't agree with your statement that we have the personnel to get considerable pressure against Dallas. Seems to me that this aspect of the game is somewhere that the Cowboys have an advantage.

Sure, if you sit back and let him throw. The ONLY way we will beat this team is to put pressure on Quincy. So if this is agreed upon, how would you go about doing this RAC? I say BRING IT!!!!!! Do not let up!!! Come at him from every f*cking angle on the field available until he is reduced to a bloody pile of bones with a damn star on top. What other way can we do it? Our line is the problem, so I can't see another way to get to him. Do you?

Sure, if you sit back and let him throw. The ONLY way we will beat this team is to put pressure on Quincy. So if this is agreed upon, how would you go about doing this RAC? I say BRING IT!!!!!! Do not let up!!! Come at him from every f*cking angle on the field available until he is reduced to a bloody pile of bones with a damn star on top. What other way can we do it? Our line is the problem, so I can't see another way to get to him. Do you?

No, I don't. But since that isn't the point of contention in the first place, I am not sure why you keep mentioning it. I disagreed with your opinion that we have the personnel to get pressure, not with how we should attack the Dallas Cowboys offense which is what you are now talking about.

Archived