Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lineman Mike McGlynn, Redskins Reach Deal

Hey guys , been a long time . This DeSean thing is crazy . IMO he should be signed . Look Chip Kelly hates him , and tried to ruin his career . You know how many bad people i have taken a picture with ? Does that mean i actually agree with there life style ? My friend went out with me one weekend , and the next he was in jail for murder . While we were at the club , we took many pictures . See were I'm going with this ? Am i a murderer ? No no no , and for anyone to suggest so a thing is simply nuts . Same with DeSean . The man love the people he grew up with , and last i checked , that's not a crime . hahahhaha just to funny . Were was DeSean when that murder happen ? Probably at practice or working out . ........Now lets here the positive side of signing DeSean . The draft , we wouldn't have to even think about a WR , we could trade back , and pick up that safety from Northern illinois . Then by trading back we pick up a third round pick . RT , and Guard would be my choice in the third . DeSean , Garcon , Reed, Roberts ,Morris , And RG3 being a threat to take off would be unstoppable . .....Pay the man ...Oh , and Eagles , DeSean ...Oh you have already met ? hahahahhah Pay the man

Hail dorrell!!  (goskins44, was taken in ES)  Good to seed you!!  I hope this is not just one time thing. Hope to see you more often!

I am Ok with the signing, I just don't want to give away the bank. If we can get him for reasonable money, then great. With the financial restraint we have shown so far, I would hate to see us go back to the vinny days - pretty shiny things = pay too much!

Also, I have to say I am finding it hard to get past the 2 HCs he has played for are not interested. I know Ried said it was money. But we all know if you really want someone you can make room. I just looked and they are reported to have $4.6M in cap space and could easily restructure a few contracts to get the cap space needed. http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Chiefs&Year=2014

My thoughts are Oakland or Buffalo are going to after him more than the $10M he was due to make. Both can easily make cap room. We could if we wanted to, but IMO it would be a mistake. JMO!!  

Well, DeSean is coming in for a visit today and I'm scratching my head on this one. I would love to have a guy with his talent to join our lineup with $6.9 mill in salary cap left how are we going to pay him? We cut some guys like Bowen, etc. to get some cap room but we diminish our depth. There would be enough incentives for him to want to play here I believe, just don't see it happening but hope I'm wrong. Significant upgrade for wr corp and special teams. I've always been amazed watching him play against us.

Well, DeSean is coming in for a visit today and I'm scratching my head on this one. I would love to have a guy with his talent to join our lineup with $6.9 mill in salary cap left how are we going to pay him? We cut some guys like Bowen, etc. to get some cap room but we diminish our depth. There would be enough incentives for him to want to play here I believe, just don't see it happening but hope I'm wrong. Significant upgrade for wr corp and special teams. I've always been amazed watching him play against us.

Don't see Bowen getting cut until after June 1. It's about a $4M cap gain then; only about $1.5M before. I agree and I get your point - I don't see the money either - even a cap friendly salary plus signing bonus would drop their cap to where they would be pretty much hog tied until after June 1 without some restructuring involved of others; Skins haven't appeared to be to interested in that approach so far. They guys that are left that might get cut with an appreciable amount of cap space don't have any proven replacements on the roster right now.  

On offensive linemen, the question has always been, "Why don't the Skins draft and develop their own OL? Why do they make up their OL from other team's castoffs?" On the Skins OL, only Trent Williams was drafted by the Skins. All of the others were procured after their original teams had decided they had someone better and they had either been demoted to second string or released. So why is it that the Skins always seem to seek the bottom of the rung for OL? The two latest, McGlyyn and Lauvao, follow the same trend.

Even as bad as last year's OL was, you still wonder why recent draft choices couldn't break into the lineup. Gettis, Compton and Leribeus were the typical late round draft choices the Skins typically spend on the OL, but they couldn't even break into last year's OL. Other than when someone got hurt, they didn't make it onto the field except during warmups. If they were that bad, then why are they still with the team?

You spent a king's ransom on a franchise QB. Leaving him without decent protection is just irresponsible.

wow this is more like it ,seems like the old days on the message board,

it seems our team is making the right moves and jackson signing would be the major cue that we will be ready to compete .

i heard d hall tweeted something about a major game changer move coming. humm!!!

A article in front of this one says "Gruden would like to beef up the line", I second it.

DeSean would be nice as long as he doesn't create long term roster problems with the cap. They would almost have to go that way given the amount of cap money left, and that may be what is holding them back, guessing of course.

You can always use average guards the o-line, is McGlynn at that level?

HAIL GOSKINS10!

You said...."We could if we wanted to..."

So I'll ask this question...How? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm asking an honest question, How do we sign him "if we wanted to..."? Who would have to get cut or who's contract would need to be restructured to make room for Jackson's contract?

You then went on to say..."but IMO it would be a mistake."

Why would that be a mistake? Because of the $$$ or because of Jackson himself?

HTTR!!!

Safety Ryan Clark signed today on a 1 year contract. Great move to plug a hole for a year while the young guys come along or they find a free agent next year.

Between Dhall tweets and other news it sounds like Desean Jackson might not leave D.C. for other team visits, we'll see.

Safety Ryan Clark signed today on a 1 year contract. Great move to plug a hole for a year while the young guys come along or they find a free agent next year.

Between Dhall tweets and other news it sounds like Desean Jackson might not leave D.C. for other team visits, we'll see.

I haven't seen the terms on the Clark deal but I would like to think it means they got him on their terms. 1 year is perfect; maybe $1.5M plus incentives? Anyway, like you said, great move.

I still can't see Jackson without adding a pile to their dead money. $10M in the hole is pretty bad but considering the last two years understandable. Adding another chunk through restructured contracts is how you become Dumblass Cowgirls. 

The Capologist have some pretty nifty ways of structuring contracts with signing bonuses, 1st year isn't that big of a hit etc. and I believe they would have to be very creative to sign Jackson while still staying the course of working on a right tackle upgrade. If they sign him and still reserve money for that rt then Allen and Compant have pulled off a great off season.

Haha! and we don't want to be the dumbass Cowgirls for sure!

HAIL GOSKINS10!

You said...."We could if we wanted to..."

So I'll ask this question...How? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm asking an honest question, How do we sign him "if we wanted to..."? Who would have to get cut or who's contract would need to be restructured to make room for Jackson's contract?

You then went on to say..."but IMO it would be a mistake."

Why would that be a mistake? Because of the $$$ or because of Jackson himself?

HTTR!!!

Hail canada - I never take your questions as being ignorant in any way. You posed two very good questions. I would have responded sooner but I have been in a plane since yesterday returning from Dubai - Awesome place by the way. Got to play some golf while I was there!

1. As it stands right now per - http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Redskins&Year=2014 - we are $6.5M under the cap. I believe Buf or Oak will be willing to pay $10M/yr or more. But we can do tat without restructuring anyone.You pay him $4M this year with an $8M signing bonus over 4 yrs with the next years at ($6M, $10M, $10M), with $12M guaranteed. that's 4 yrs at $38M with him getting $12M this year. If we had to make cuts or restructure - Trent Williams could restructure, release Chester and release or restructure Polumbus. You can scare up $5M+ pretty easy. Allen being a cap specifialist I am sure could come up with more than that if he wanted, but he is the expert not me.

2, I don't want to start stretch our budget on a single guy. That is the strategy that killed us for 20yrs. The "thiss is the guy that changes everything" approach. If we can get him without over paying - he should get about $7M to $8.5M - then I would be OK.

Of course this is assuming the FO has run the traps and made sure the media crap from the iggles is BS. It probably is. How else do you justify releasing the @1 WR on your team in the middle of his prime. But there is something there. As i said before, it is just odd that the 2 HCs he has played for do not want him. Obviously there ewas a problem between D Jax and Kelly. But even Reid is not interested. Again, if they really thought he could help them win more games, they would pursue him. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Edit - They are saying D Jax will get a deal better than Decker - his deal was for five years and $36.25 million with $15 million in guarantees. To me, that is a lot to spend on a one player not the QB or LT and who has at least some bit of locker room issues.

Something is supposed to happen today. We will see.

The Capologist have some pretty nifty ways of structuring contracts with signing bonuses, 1st year isn't that big of a hit etc. and I believe they would have to be very creative to sign Jackson while still staying the course of working on a right tackle upgrade. If they sign him and still reserve money for that rt then Allen and Compant have pulled off a great off season.

Haha! and we don't want to be the dumbass Cowgirls for sure!

Interesting news blip @ Rotoworld concerning Jackson/ Redskins...We've heard this before about other players, but interesting.

link: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/285873/report-desean-jackson-to-skins-a-done-deal

Yeah, your right a lot of ways to skim the milk...cut Bowen as a June 1 designee, get $1.5M now & $3M after June 1 (about $5M next year); put that towards a roster bonus or whatever.

The problem with DeSean is the future cap problem he creates, goskins10 did a good job of giving us a possibility for signing him. The problem with the future is that is the period in which we have to do something with RG3, Kerrigan, Orapko, and add a shutdown CB. That is in addition to the keeping Garcon & Williams.

Archived