Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two things. 1, "chess". 2, "scheme to hide kirks faults"

zoony

1. What we are witnessing is not a mental chess match between Snyder and Shanahan. Mental chess match was JFK and Kruschev squaring off over nukes, or Eisenhower and Rommel making battle plans. Snyder vs Shanahan is not chess. It isnt even checkers. It is the clueless vs the incompetent, and if you're wondering which is which, those labels work either way

If you are referring to this situations as mental chess, you are a rucking ridiot:). Please stop.

2. "I'm sure we will see a scheme on Sunday that will hide Kirks flaws"

Seriously, just punch yourself in the face. Repeatedly.

Bellicheck : "hi, this is Bill Bellicheck. Just wondering if you'd like to trade a 2nd round pick for Tom Brady"

Anonymous GM: "you think I'm an idiot? He can't run and he can't go under center. Your scheme hides his faults. No thanks"

A scheme to his your QBs faults. I've heard it all.

1. What we are witnessing is not a mental chess match between Snyder and Shanahan. Mental chess match was JFK and Kruschev squaring off over nukes, or Eisenhower and Rommel making battle plans. Snyder vs Shanahan is not chess. It isnt even checkers. It is the clueless vs the incompetent, and if you're wondering which is which, those labels work either way

If you are referring to this situations as mental chess, you are a rucking ridiot. Please stop.

2. "I'm sure we will see a scheme on Sunday that will hide Kirks flaws"

Seriously, just punch yourself in the face. Repeatedly.

Bellicheck : "hi, this is Bill Bellicheck. Just wondering if you'd like to trade a 2nd round pick for Tom Brady"

Anonymous GM: "you think I'm an idiot? He can't run and he can't go under center. Your scheme hides his faults. No thanks"

A scheme to his your QBs faults. I've heard it all.

So what do you think is going on then? Why bench Griffin when we are facing three inept defenses and he has a high probability of finishing the season on a high note and gaining some confidence for himself and the locker room? Why now and not last week or week 9 or next week? Why now? Please don't ban me.

No place for common sense here. Obviously Shanny was trying to make Robert fail on purpose, but he will make Cousins succeed. This is all part of a clever master plan in a contest between Shanny and Snyder. How can you not see it?

The idea that everybody involved wants to win is patently absurd.

It will be interesting to see the reactions based on what Kirk Cousins does in the next 3 games.

If he plays poorly there will be many waiting to pounce and deride Cousins as a bust based on 3 meaningless games for the team.

If he plays well there will be many waiting with ways to talk down his performance based on the level of opponent or whatever else fits.

Santana Moss summed it up well in the WP what Cousins is facing ---  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/12/12/santana-moss-says-playing-kirk-cousins-now-is-almost-like-setting-a-guy-up-for-failure/

“It’s kind of tough to put him into this situation right now and hope for him to be excellent,” Moss said at Redskins Park. “It’s almost like setting a guy up for failure. But you just want him to go out there and be at ease and just take his time, be as efficient as he can because it’s one of those situations that’s like, you know, Catch[-22]. He don’t play as well, then you’re gonna say, ‘Well, should he have been in there?’ But you can’t do that to him because he hasn’t had all this season to go out there and jell with us. But he has been ready enough to go out there and be able to run this offense. So we’re just hoping for the best.”

Whatever Cousins does to finish the season, it makes sense to remember he is a member of this team who is not at fault for RG III being benched.  

Cousins playing well doesn't mean he is better than RG III or the future savior.  It also won't warrant the same derision and qualifying of his play as many do when it's Luck, Wilson or any QB from opposing teams.

If Cousins plays poorly for a minuscule sample size of three games it doesn't prove anything in regards to the coaching staff or provide the basis of a conclusion that he stinks.

Hopefully Cousins will play well because it will only benefit the Skins in the future --- either to keep him on the roster or trade him for a much needed draft pick...

Archived