Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.Com: RG3, That's on Me (blame game put to rest)

MustangSteve

BH,

I have to disagree on this note whole heartedly. Why? Well just from a historical standpoint... There have been probably 10 if not 50 times more white QB's under center in NFL History than there has been black QB's. Could this huge difference be due to racism? Perhaps, but more likely it had to do with where and black athletes first flourished in the game which was many of the speed oriented skill positions. RB's and DB's. Shortly there after into the Offensive and Defensive lines and lastly QB's, which they still don't dominate in total numbers as reflected in every other position number wise. I again don't think that this has to do with race either as Coaches and Owners alike just want to win and football more than any sport the game is constantly changing on both sides of the ball.

But I digress. If you look at the sheer number of white qb's vs black qbs the difference is staggering therefore the number of white QB's that have washed out and failed is that much if not percentage wise much greater for the white QB's. And what have they been accused of? Exactly the same failings that you portend is black Qb's are accused of. That they can't read defenses, can go through progressions, lock onto one receiver, have a lousy pocket presence and one more... that the vast majority of black QB's don't get labeled... lacks mobility.... Ala Sonny Jurgenson and a host of others in modern times.

Those fundamental skills are required of every QB that wants to play, start, or last very long in the NFL (Not For Long) game. It's the lack of those skills that kills every QB.

white or black or black or white

I'm sick of the recycled criticisms and assumptions used on black QBs. Take David Garrard for example. I went to school with David, not only was he a great athlete but he was a damn good QB. When he started for the Jags people made assumptions about his ability to scramble and run around like Vick. David is athletic but he's not a "running" QB. He's better in a pro-style offense.

But don't you also see a double-standard in the NFL? Tom Brady has a **** fest with a teamate or referee and he's labeled as a passionate, fiery competitor. Cam Newton does the same and he's viewed as a diva or selfish.

NBC had the Skins/Cowboys and Colts/Broncos back to back. In the Skins game, Chris Collinswirth kept mentioning how Robert needs to play smarter and stop running around the field. Yet the very next week Luck does the same exact **** and he's hailed as a smart QB who knows when to run.

Luck running around... Luck doesn't run... around.  He kind of ambles down field.  He's not anything like RG running around.  Luck is like BR.  He's closer to a Fullback than a running QB.  I think that what is being said about RG is that he looks nervous and just needs to settle down.  

I am so tired of hearing about the drama. I almost envy Atlanta--they were a Super Bowl contender that is now behind the Bucs...and they get less than 1% of the over-analysis and media-driven drama that we get.

People have never truly cared about the Falcons in their entire franchise history. 

Archived