Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Fire Steve Spurrier Thread

PennState11

I just can't see us going to the playoffs with him as our coach. We need to get a new coach with a good defensive scheme and a balanced offense. Spurrier simply is looking outcoached each game. We have way to much talent to be looking the way we are. Any other team would want Samuels and Jansen as tackles, and any other team would want our backers and corners. Were more talented than Buffalo but the coaching changed the game. We need a good motivator and defensive coordinator who can use our personel right.

Now that I've vented on Spurrier we need to draft and sign D-Line. Every one of them needs to be replaced. Im also in favor of revamping our safties.

We need a new coach now so that by the time Ramsey is in his 4th and 5th years we can actually go to the super bowl.

I hope Spurrier likes it back at Florida.

I feel like this right now.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

There's never a shortage of idiots like NavyDave that will suck in whatever the media feeds his gullible mind and take it as the truth. Earth to NavyDave - Samuels has never been a good player. He has never played a full season at a REAL pro bowl level.

I don't think we fire Spurrier yet.

I have probably been the hardest on Spurrier in this entire site this season, but I think it would be a TOTAL waste of our money if we get rid of him so soon. As much as I think he is a p*ssy *ss coach and he was WAY overrated before we got him, I think he needs more time to adjust. If we get a new coach, we will just have to wait THAT MUCH LONGER for the team to gel together and become a solid unit. We are better than we were last year, and I think with a few more key acqusitions, we will definitely be a playoff team next year. If we're not, i'm sure that'll be all she wrote for Spurrier anyway. As much as I think Spurrier sucks so far, I say we get our moneys worth out of him and give him one more season to get this sh*t right.

Lates.

I think Spurrier would be further along if he had not seemingly forgot all the lessons he should have learned about the NFL in 10 years as a league QB :)

This is not a guy from the backwoods that just popped up in Washington.

He spent 7 years in San Francisco as an understudy of John Brodie, who was a pretty good NFL qb. He was on 49er teams that went to the playoffs and the NFC Title Game.

He should know how teams prepare at this level. And how players are and are not motivated.

It doesn't matter who we get to coach. This team's defensive players have a total IQ of 100 and that is adding all eleven together including back-ups. This is our real problem. The offensive line is a disgrace. I feel sorry for Ramsey and SOS!

Guys, firstly, quit with the insults, everyone has and is intitled to an opinion!!

Secondly, I'm in the "fire him" camp.

I have never seen a team that wears our colours look this poor and basically "quit".

We are making the same mistakes time and time again and they do not look like being corrected.

I say get Danny's cheque book out and offer the Patriots whatever it takes to get Bill Belichek in here. He can win without superstars and with players out injured, plus he have the chance to put one over on his former boss!

I agree B&G. Not that he is a meathead, but he obviously doesn't know much about Chris Samuels. He is widely considered one of the best at his position by alot of Pro analysts. This is definitely his worst season, but I doubt he was in the Pro Bowl because "he has never been a good player".

Spurrier has to be gone by the end of the year unless we have a big turn around. I sure don't see this happening. I don't see him here another year. The team gets worst every week and Spurrier looks lost on the side lines. Our defence sucks! Out coached and out played every week even the games we won we just won by luck. Take a good look at the teams we beat everyone else creamed these teams.

Archived