Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do You Want For The Rest Of 2013?

TimFolk

I'd like to see this new WR show something on the field, Rak flash at least a little dominance, everyone stay healthy, Kyle grow a pair and quit being cute (I think he can be an amazing OC if he'd stop being cute), and if the seasons done for, Fred Davis pull some trade value.

I haven't weighed in on the coaches much this year, but those of you who think the Shanny's will be gone after this year, U R 100% certifiable crazy. There is NO way Mr. Snyder cuts ties with the Shanny's, the cap hit is their ultimate protection. Now, next year if we are at the same cross roads half way thru the season, I will absolutely agree with all of you. I know it is hard to accept losing, I loath watching our beloved team lose, but the CAP PENALTY is the single biggest reason why we are what we are this year.

So for the rest of this year, I want to see health, hard play from our younger corp and the continual progression of our Franchise QB.

No doubt, I'll take wins! And I'll be cheering and hoping! But, this CAP PENALTY, has truly limited this team.

1) Griffin stays healthy and protects the ball better. I would like to see a decrease in his work load and an improvement in his td/to ratio. Particularly I would like to see sharp a drop in fumbles.

2) Get Helu more touches. We know what we have in Alf. Save his legs. Decrease his touches per game. 

3) Continued development of Reed. I would love to see him be in the running for offensive ROY.

4) I would like us to bring in a few punters the last few weeks to start early auditioning for next year.

5) Reduced personal fouls. 

I want the offense to continue to develop and show signs of being dominant. If we lose shootouts the rest of the way, I'm not overly concerned. The D can be fixed with some FA signings/draft picks and a new coach, but the future of this team is RG3 and the offense. I want to go into next year thinking we have a shot at being #1 in the league in offense.

I've been on this forum for over ten years and check it everyday mostly anonymously. Usually around this time of the year I'm checking for college prospects (specifically qb). Does anyone else feel a calmness about things now?

What I mean is that I just feel everything is gonna br alright we have a QB, LT, RB, #2 WR, TE on offense the defense will need a turn around but I just feel like since before Shanny got here our offense was always weak while the defense was strong. The 4-3 was always statistically good but usually gave up that big crucial first down or td.

I guess I'm more at ease with this regime they've drafted all our good players every single first rounder has made the pro bowl. I feel like every defensive free agent (minus Hall/Perry) must go and give it one more try with the offensive core with another stud WR (fa or draft).

The Caps & Wiz can hold us down if this season turns even further left. At this point as long as we don't finish bad enough for St. Louis to get a top ten pick and #10 ends the season healthy and ready to study and further himself in the playbook and even more prepared for '14 its a good year for me.

Just play the backups and some from the practice squad so they know how much purging has to occur during the off-season. Only 12-15 players on the current 53 man roster should feel secure for 2014, salary cap implications pending.

Archived