Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marty left some cool aid for the Wizards

Guest fuji869

Guest fuji869

It looks like Marty left some left over Cool Aid in Philly for M.J. and Company. The Wizards beat the 76ers 94-87, Congrats! biggrin.gif

That would be 2-0 this week for Capital Area Teams in the City of Brotherly Love. hammer.gif

To bad the Caps are 0-3 this season vs the Flyers. dunce.gif

WTF!!!! Check for misreads, misquotes, technical difficulties, payoffs, etc. How can it be smile.gifsmile.gif

I had them winning a respectable 45-48 games. It can be done, but I wasn't sure how that "middle" would do against other centers and power forwards.

I heard the Michael Jordan press conference and I personally felt he was calling them out. He was "challenging" their abilities, mental toughness, intestinal guts.

Maybe that fire lit something. Maybe not.

I've seen a number of the Wizards games this year and I can tell you it's been a painful experience. I didn't see last night's game, but my understanding of it, given the coverage, seems like the kind of game this team needs to be playing to win. Stiff defense and no easy shots for the Sixers. And by no easy shots, I mean not every shot they take is easy, as is the norm against us. I think this team is going to be very fine later in the year and beyond. It is having a hard time grasping the intensity it has to play with as teams are playing us very hard because of Jordan. It will take a few wins like this and a few losses like Cleveland before the players understand the type of effort required. I'm still optimistic about winning as many as 35 games. But, that is how I sleep at night.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

The insertion of Haywood at center made a big difference as well as Luepressing on D.

It didnt hurt that Rip discovered his shot to help jordans 30 points.

The future could be bright if Haywood contiues to develop and this season of apprenticship for Kwame bring with it confidence and an offseason of hardwork and dedication.caveman.gif

I love Haywood, even though I can't stand the Wizards,guns.gif

sorry guys. I never had a problem with the Wizards to much until until"nobodys got my back" Jordan came back. I couldn't stand him in Chicago and I was starting to deal with him as GM(or whatever) and then he need the spotlight again.hammer.gif

But I take my hat off to them they beat my sixers straight up.

Hail Skins

Archived