Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden. - Esquire: UPDATE - it's all BS.

Mad Mike

The reason they didn't recover Bin Ladin is because EIT doesn't work, remember?

Nobody ever said Interrogations don't work.... That would be reason enough to recover Bin Ladin...

Enhanced Interrogations don't work... We have a comprehensive 6000 page report from the senate, which reviewed every prisoner exposed to EIT, and all the information they gave up... and the Senate Intelligence committee concurred with that finding that EIT was not effective...

So, just to be clear, you're saying the difference is . . .

"Hey Mr. Terrorist, who are your leaders?"

vs

Sticking a dog collar around his neck/putting him in a box/keeping him up for 72 hours and then asking "Hey Mr. Terrorist, who are your leaders?"

So, just to be clear, you're saying the difference is . . ."

Just to be clear I didn't give specifics on either...

But if you wanted to really compare the two... The Military guide to interrogations which has been around since WWII was about 170 pages and was a might more complex than just asking your questions and settling for what comes out of some body's mouth..

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm34-52.pdf

I believe there are currently19 interrogation techniques permitted by law.. none of which include water boarding or naked pyramids or electric currents to folks naughty bits.... The current Army field manual passed in the opening day's of the present Administration is 384 pages long, and also doesn't permit EIT....

And just to be perfectly clear... It's not me saying EIT doesn't work. It's the most comprehensive oversight report ever produced by the Senate Intelligence Committee saying that.. Ineffective I think was the word used.

---------- Post added March-28th-2013 at 04:30 PM ----------

then asking "Hey Mr. Terrorist, who are your leaders?"

And of coarse the other problem with your question was you were assuming we actually had many important terrorists in custody. 98% of the people detained at Abu Grab were released back into the general public. The offense that caused some of them to be detained varied from out after curfew.. to on the street when a bomb went off. We caste huge nets and put them in that hell hole with no judicial review. Remember Bush and Rummy calling Salim Hamdan a top Al Quada operative... Turned out to be Bin Laudin's driver who we let walk free when it was shown in court he never had any operational knowledge of AQ's plans... we really never had many high level guys in custody.

So if I put you in prison... asked you if you knew bin laudin and let my pet German shepard chew on your nether regions until you said yes... do you think you would say yes? Well that's pretty much true for terrorsts too. They'll tell you whatever it takes to avoid getting their toenails pulled off.. which makes perfectly sense when you think of it. Interogations have to be must more spophisticated than when you were six beating up kids on the playground who called you a dork.

I imagine the Senate report had nothing to do with politics right? I mean nothing is ever politically driven.

Jose Rodriguez spent 31 years serving multiple administrations and both parties and disagrees with those assertions. I guess we can pick and choose what we choose to believe because they seem to be at odds.

-------

Tremendous difference between what detainees ended up at Abu Ghraib and which ones ended up Guantanamo.

Archived