Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Ed Reed: RG3 prepared Ravens for Colin Kaepernick

Coolio47

I have full faith that Griffin can and will learn how to protect himself better.

For me I don't think it was a difference in size that caused Griff to get banged up but a difference in awareness (when/how/why to get down and avoid contact).

I hope you're right and he does, he really is his own worst enemy

---------- Post added February-5th-2013 at 02:41 PM ----------

Good stuff NLC. Wholeheartedly agree with every word. It's been pissing me off listening to that for the past 3 weeks.

+2. It's helped me dislike Kap, even more than just my dislike for him.

It's fatigue...
Maybe, but reading some of the posts in this thread and others I smell a more then a little insecurity, doubt, hypocrisy and jealousy.

All needless.

We have one of the best QBs in the NFL.

We should be above all that.

I still pinch myself that Robert is our QB.

The future is so bright I can't see begrudging other worthy QBs their respect.

I especially don't understand leveling the same simple minded criticisms that were attempted towards Griffin.

Griffin is still our QB.

And he's a stud.

I hear ya. They are both tremendous talents with great careers ahead of them.

Man, if only RG3 had the size of Kap though.

Kaepernick: 6'4" 230

RGIII: 6'2" 223

The size issue is negligible. It was a random fluky play against the Ravens; wrong place at the wrong time. He will learn and get better from this. HTTR

Yeah, size wasn't the major factor in Griffin's two injuries. If a 340 lb man who runs the 40 in under 5 seconds gets a free shot at your leg like that then you are in trouble, no matter what size you are. Griffin got hurt by trying to do too much in order to help the team. You can't make a living running toward the side lines then cutting back into the field of play. These guys are already making a beeline towards you at full speed. You also can't try and slide at the very last second. That increase the chances you are going to get hit in the head. If a guy is trying to target you below the shoulders and you try to lean back at the last minute, then your head becomes the target. Not only that but now you are off balance and that increases the force in which your head and body will hit the ground.

Archived